Movement to scroll (horizontal) doesn't work

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
rhotax
New User

Movement to scroll (horizontal) doesn't work

Post by rhotax »

XMBC Version: 2.18.8
Windows Version: XP SP3
Mouse Information (brand/model): ART AM-79, no additional drivers, 5 buttons+DPI button
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): It's my first time with XMBC
How long have you used XMBC?: 2-3 weeks
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: polish

1. For Middle button I've choose: Button Held.
2. In Button Held...Actions window I've choose: Change Movement to Scroll.
3. In Movement to Scroll Configuration I've set Lock to X axis...

Now, I click (and hold) middle button, after a while cursor changes to a hand, I move mouse and...nothing happens.
Nothing happens in MyPal (mozilla based web browser) and nothing happens in Corel Draw.

When I choose Lock to y axis...it works.

What I've did wrong?
https: //zapodaj. net/images/e8a2be4292d3b.jpg

PS
When I set directly for some button: Scroll Window Left/Right it works in MyPal (but stil doesn't work in Corel Draw).
phil
Site Admin

Re: Movement to scroll (horizontal) doesn't work

Post by phil »

I'm not sure what you have done wrong (if anything). It may be a bug in XMBC but I just tried setting that up here (exactly as you described) and it appears to work here - sometimes! That is, its working in visual studio, firefox (obv. mozilla based browser!), chrome but not in windows explorer (vertical works but not horizontal - and thats the same if its in button held OR just change movement to scroll on a button on its own).

The fact that mine is working in firefox (and waterfox) which are both moz based browsers makes me wonder why it wouldn't be working for you... Although a different browser app could be the cause - I may have to find MyPal and see if I can reproduce that one.

As for Corel draw, its probably not responding to the "usual" scroll messages - perhaps like Exploere in my case. I'll have a look at explorer (cant very easily look at Corel draw because I don't have it and I don't think there is a free version/trial for that is there?).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
rhotax
New User

Post by rhotax »

I've checked other programs:
Photoshop - doesn't work.
Windows explorer - doesn't work.
IrfanView - doesn't work
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK Infranview I have so can check with that (and of course, explorer I see the issue) - no idea what the problem is yet, but while I may be able to fix it for explorer and infranview, I may not be able to fix it for applications I don't have - other than maybe its a generic problem and not appspecific problem (unlikely).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)