XMBC 2.19 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.19 Beta

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:37 pm
phil wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:08 pmThat window should and does (AFAIK) always show the full change log file : https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmb ... ogBeta.txt nothing has changed here the list should always include the full change history - so I'm confused as to what is "wrong".
Strange, I don't remember it showing full change history before, only the newest. 🤔
OK I'm not seeing this here. If I hold shift and hit {} I get {SHIFT} if I then hold right alt and hit {} I get {RALT} - that is what I would expect and that is what I get.
Maybe you need a Polish keyboard for that?
I doubt it but maybe... I'm not too worried about it though - one key not quite right out of 104+ isn't bad and it doesnt actually stop anything working lol
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:38 pmI doubt it but maybe... I'm not too worried about it though - one key not quite right out of 104+ isn't bad and it doesnt actually stop anything working lol
Correction, you don't need to click on {} with Shift to do that. I think that pressing left Shift (by its own) just interrupts whatever you did to fix right alt and it revert to that what was before. In addition whatever you did to cut double ctrl and shift to be singular cuts the right alt's wrong sequence and leaves only ctrl. If you want to reproduce it just set the Polish (programist) keyboard and see what will happen.
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Code: Select all

"Mouse speed for each cursor speed cycle:" =>
Missing quotation at the end.

"Launch EMail" => ""
Still missing from the template.

And Phil, just checking, have you noted the wrong tab openning after installing the language files?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:09 pm

"Mouse speed for each cursor speed cycle:" =>
Missing quotation at the end.

"Launch EMail" => ""
Still missing from the template.
OK but not really a big problem - its not difficult to add "" and XMBC wont go wrong with it missing AFAIK?!
maxoku wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:09 pm And Phil, just checking, have you noted the wrong tab openning after installing the language files?
Hadn't noticed that - it makes sense I guess cos I added the pointer tab. Will have to fix that one lol.
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:13 pmHadn't noticed that - it makes sense I guess cos I added the pointer tab. Will have to fix that one lol.
Translation tool will scream in red. :lol:
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

Dolmatov wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:03 pm It is strange that no one wrote about an ancient error in the language_template file.
I checked the latest translations 2.19 beta 11 (German, Japanese, polish) and all translations are based on a template file.
I have not noticed. It seems to have been added to the drop-down in version 2.18s, but not announced in the previous beta thread and not documented in the change log.

@Phil and Translrators,
we should add following items to "#Section: Layer Modifier key settings tab", these are translated correctly in the current XMBC (wo/ "Right Windows Key").

# -- Added in 2.18 betas period?
"Left Windows Key" => ""	# -- changed from "Left Window Key" ? --
"Left Windows + Shift" => ""
"Left Windows + Control" => ""
"Left Windows + Alt" => ""
"Right Windows Key" => ""	# -- NOT translatable yet, BUT in the future... --
"Right Windows + Shift" => ""
"Right Windows + Control" => ""
"Right Windows + Alt" => ""
"App Menu + Shift" => ""
"App Menu + Control" => ""
"App Menu + Alt" => ""
"App Menu + Right Windows" => ""
# --
suke
Logitech AnywhereMX (7 Btn), M555b (5 Btn) w/ SetPoint v6.32
Microsoft WirelessLaserMouse8000 (5 Btn), WLM5000 (5 Btn) w/ IntelliPoint v6.30
XMBC: now Latest BETA as Portable (since v1.48, 2009)
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

sukemaru wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:19 am@Phil and Translrators,
we should add following items to "#Section: Layer Modifier key settings tab", these are translated correctly in the current XMBC (wo/ "Right Windows Key").
Cool, thanks. I should have done it myself, but I was too lazy or busy. :lol:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:05 pm
phil wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:38 pmI doubt it but maybe... I'm not too worried about it though - one key not quite right out of 104+ isn't bad and it doesnt actually stop anything working lol
Correction, you don't need to click on {} with Shift to do that. I think that pressing left Shift (by its own) just interrupts whatever you did to fix right alt and it revert to that what was before. In addition whatever you did to cut double ctrl and shift to be singular cuts the right alt's wrong sequence and leaves only ctrl. If you want to reproduce it just set the Polish (programist) keyboard and see what will happen.
OK Installed polish keyboard and it does appear to make a difference. However, it appears to be random - as in sometimes it will give {RALT} and sometimes {CTRL} - and {shift} appears to have nothing to do with that!!! lol.

I suspect that the problem is right alt can be seen/sent as ALT+CTRL. All XMBC does is say "what keys are pressed down" and it checks them in the order that is defined in the code - and I suspect that CTRL is actually said to be down when RALT is down. It may be as simple as swapping the order in which XMBC checks what keys are pressed - check for RALT before checking for any ALT/SHIFT/CTRL but I need to check (because I thought I was already doing that!).
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.19 Beta 13...

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

NOTE: 2.19 Beta 1 and 2 had an incorrect version number internally and therefore the update check may fail. In this case, please manually install using the link above!

Changes since v2.19 Beta 11:
  • #612 - Fixed issues with {RALT} when clicking {}.
  • #581 - Open the correct (language) tab when opening an XMBCLP file (broken since the new pointer tab was added)
  • - Fixed some missing translations (some of which were missing since 2.18 beta 6!!)
There is a new language template file for 2.19 Beta 13 to fix the issues found by you all above!.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

phil wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:14 pm Fixed some missing translations (some of which were missing since 2.18 beta 6!!)[/list]
Right Windows Key x 2 in template file.
"Right Windows Key" => "" # -- Changed in 2.19 Beta 13
"Right Windows Key" => "" # -- NOT translatable yet, BUT in the future... --
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

Not translatable:
"Launch Email" => "" # -- (re?)Added missing translation in 2.19 Beta 13
Translatable:
"Launch EMail" => "" # -- (re?)Added missing translation in 2.19 Beta 13
Called "find the difference" - case sensitivity.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

DOH!...
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Yeah, seems that beta 13 problems has been fixed. :P
What a fun with those translations. :lol:
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I noticed the arrow gets unintentionally ugly white shadow when Button Held is initialized.

Can one thing also be changed? You used orange for all 3 dots, but yellow for first and second. When I disable 3rd option, and time elapsed for all 2 they remain yellow. The same is if only one is available.

Maybe make orange for 1 / 2 dots when the next ones are disabled at the moment, as an indicator to not wait longer for them - at least it seems to be logic?

Probably you will leave it as it's now, but I have also new idea how visually Buton Held could look like.

Instead of first empty dot, display 3 little red dots (points), I mean about half smaller than current dots.

That would be indicator Button Held is assigned. When time passes for first red point it gets converted into larger (current size) green dot. Similary would happen for second and third 'points'.

An extra idea is to display at beginning only 1, 2 or 3 red points depending how many of them are enabled.

Example:

. . . (3 red points, but bigger than here, as indicator button held is assigned)

o o o (3 green dots, filled of course, I mean each red point would change to green dot when its time came)

(if only first 1 / 2 'Button Held' options were enabled, we had . / . . points, waiting to became o / o o dots)

I guess you are tired of these last changes but I hope it's still time to make it perfect before you move on...
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

The problem with that is right now I have 4 overlay icons - in order to do that, with all possible combinations of disabled, I would need like 20+ cursor overlays - the same applied to the colors - even having orange dots for all possibilities, would mean 6 icons. So the only real way to do that would be to build the overlays dynamically on the fly (which would be a bit of a waste of resources (GDI is a bit of a performance sucker) so I'm not so sure about this....

As for the 'uglyness' - I'm not sure why that is - I noticed it was a bit fluffy around the edges - but I haven't worked out why yet - something to do with transparency - but its something Windows is applying I think and I don't know if thats possible to change when programmatically loading the cursors.
--[ Phil ]--