XMBC 2.19 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.19 Beta

Post by phil »

Nothing other than a reboot of the server this end (but that happens once a month or so for updates anyway so I doubt that's any different).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Phil, I didn't get your opinion about including "Button held" into "Button Chording" which I described at the end of this post.

I'll copy it here for conveniency:
injtsvetkov wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:43 am ... including "Button held" into "Button Chording" via the "Unblock after" option. Say you've set Unblock after 300ms, then instead of sending "button down" it might abandon the chord and start the "Button held" timer so if you release the button shortly after those 300ms it does the first "Button held" action or you can hold it a bit longer for the next one and so on… Additionaly you can use the "initial" button for "click&drag" by checking the "Abort when the mouse moves" option :)
It’s not as good as adding "Button held" to the chorded button but it surely will be great because that way both features are combined in one and you don’t need to chose whether to use the button for only chording or only "Button held".
I'm only asking because if you have considered it and decided that it's a 'no go' I can stop dreaming and stop bothering you about it :)

Thanks
Iliya
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I have asked of Button Held in Button Chording as well. Later I completely forgot about this outstanding idea, but if it will be ever implemented the XMBC combinations on only one layer won't have any limits!

btw both yours (dropdown menu) and my (clickable) idea for support keys were finally implemented ;)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

injtsvetkov wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:19 pm Phil, I didn't get your opinion about including "Button held" into "Button Chording" which I described at the end of this post.

injtsvetkov wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:43 am ... including "Button held" into "Button Chording" via the "Unblock after" option. Say you've set Unblock after 300ms, then instead of sending "button down" it might abandon the chord and start the "Button held" timer so if you release the button shortly after those 300ms it does the first "Button held" action or you can hold it a bit longer for the next one and so on… Additionaly you can use the "initial" button for "click&drag" by checking the "Abort when the mouse moves" option :)
It’s not as good as adding "Button held" to the chorded button but it surely will be great because that way both features are combined in one and you don’t need to chose whether to use the button for only chording or only "Button held".
I'm only asking because if you have considered it and decided that it's a 'no go' I can stop dreaming and stop bothering you about it :)

Thanks
Iliya
Havn't even got round to considering it lol... Not sure I ever added it to the bug/feature request tracker - if its not ion the list it will be shortly.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

phil wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:49 pm
injtsvetkov wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:19 pm Phil, I didn't get your opinion about including "Button held" into "Button Chording" which I described at the end of this post.

Thanks
Iliya
Haven't even got round to considering it lol... Not sure I ever added it to the bug/feature request tracker - if its not ion the list (of things to consider) it will be shortly.
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Oh, good that I posted a reminder then :)

When I saw the 'dots' thing on the 'Button held' feature I thought that if this is possibe, it's gonna be the perfect combination between those two features!

Only one thing bothers me about the 'dots'. The first dot appears immediately when the button is pressed, but since there are three dots in total, I think it should appear when the first 'held' action becomes active so if the "Wait until the physical button is released..." option is ticked, the user will wait to see the 'third' dot and then release the button. I think you see my logic. Otherwise there might be 'fourth' dot indicating the third 'held' action but that would be a bit confusing IMO.
I think I found a bug though... When I tick the "Wait until the physical button is released..." option, the third 'held' action is sent before I release the button, exactly like when the option is unticked! That's on Win7, if necessary I can also test that on WinXP.

P.S. It's the same when I disable the third 'held' action and the second 'held' action, it doesn't matter whether the option is ticked or unticked.
HAMA Mirano
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

injtsvetkov wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:20 am Oh, good that I posted a reminder then :)

When I saw the 'dots' thing on the 'Button held' feature I thought that if this is possibe, it's gonna be the perfect combination between those two features!

Only one thing bothers me about the 'dots'. The first dot appears immediately when the button is pressed, but since there are three dots in total, I think it should appear when the first 'held' action becomes active so if the "Wait until the physical button is released..." option is ticked, the user will wait to see the 'third' dot and then release the button. I think you see my logic. Otherwise there might be 'fourth' dot indicating the third 'held' action but that would be a bit confusing IMO.
I think I found a bug though... When I tick the "Wait until the physical button is released..." option, the third 'held' action is sent before I release the button, exactly like when the option is unticked! That's on Win7, if necessary I can also test that on WinXP.

P.S. It's the same when I disable the third 'held' action and the second 'held' action, it doesn't matter whether the option is ticked or unticked.
But that is NOT what the "wait until physical button is released" means. That means as SOON as the third (final) action triggers, the "down" action is sent immediately but XMBC waits until the button is released to send the UP button action. This is only going to be noticeable for things like simkeys (DURING). When "wait until..." is not ticked, the down button action executes immediately, followed (immediately) by the up button action, no matter if you continue to hold the button or not. That is all. Most actions in XMBC execute when the button is pressed (button down) so for most things you wont notice a difference. Only for those things that are executed on button UP or that are held while the button is held (like simkeys during) are affected by this setting.
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Oh, I see, that makes sense. Just now I realised why the option is ticked by default and that it's absolutely pointless to untick it every time I use that feature :lol:
HAMA Mirano
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I didn't think whether first dot should show up after time for first 'held for' option is elapsed but I see your logic. I'm not sure if Phil explained it as well in his reply, but if so it should be like it or maybe not? :?
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Personally I think the first dot should show immediately to indicate that button held is active and that action 1 will be performed if you release the button at that stage....?!
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Phil, could you explain how those dots for held button should work?
All I see is one dot the same for normal click and whatever I hold the button.
If there are three dots then they should appear for held actions, one for each stage, but not for normal click I think. 🤔
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

The dots only apply for button held. You should see one dot added as XMBC moves through each button held action. So while action 1 will be applied, 1 dot, while action two will be applied 2 dots, while action 3 will be applied 3 dots.

No idea why you only see one dot unless your not letting the timer get to action two or three?!
This is what I see...
XMBC Cursor video.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

But I see what you mean - don't display any dots until the first time period has expired... That might make sense.
You could argue the same for button chording - don't display the chord indicator until the chord is active.

But the point of these cursor mods is to make it clear that you are using said function - and if you have already held the button / started the chord, you already know your doing it don't you?... So that goes against that theory and in favour of how it is currently working...
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

I figured it out. If I have sighed action for 1st and 3rd stage of holding button then nor the second or third dot would appear, but if I have all three sighed then they will appear one by one.
It seams that the dots appear like too fast when I start clicking which normal click will be marked and e.g. second action won't execute after second dot appears, but a moment after if I hold it longer. So maybe if it could be delayed that it wouldn't appear with normal click and might be more synchronized.

Unless first dot was planned to appear with normal click to show that the first held action will appear later when hold as some kind of announcement. The last action will execute if seeing three dots and still not releasing the button. 🤔

I'm confused. :lol:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Ahhh I think I understand now... Yes the first dot comes on AS SOON as the mouse button goes down, not once the first held action timer expires.. So the dots are effectively 1 step behind....

So really there should be 1-4 dots. The first dot simply is indicating that button held has started. The second dot, that button held time 1 has passed, 3rd dot time two has passed - and then its missing the 4th dot to say time three has passed... So its out by one and there should be 4 dots not three... Or there should be something else in place of the first dot (simply to indicate that button held is running)... hummmm....

Maybe I could draw a quite transparent rounded rectangle around the dot area as step 1... and fill in with the three dots as each timer passes.
--[ Phil ]--