XMBC 2.19 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Dolmatov
Committed

Re: XMBC 2.19 Beta

Post by Dolmatov »

language_template
"Wheel Tilt Le&ft" => "" # Changed position of & in 2.19 Beta 9
Work as
"Wheel &Tilt Left" => ""
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

What and where is: 'Improved the 6 preset colours cursors'?

An idea for 'Button Held' now when we can see by yellow stars how much time passed from pressing the the held button. Could you keep everything about it like it is but make possible (by another 'held for' option) to cycle this action? I mean after 3 dots it wouldn't get stuck, but went back to one star to continue from? The only problem is, there had to be also duration of last 'held for' action.

Currently we can abort 'Button Held' when moving the cursor (when appropraite option is set). So, instead of adding maximum time for last action you can make extra option for starting sequence when mouse is moved, however I'm not sure 'ms' duration of last action wouldn't be more convinient (but perhaps also harder to add for you)?
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

Kukurykus wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:03 pm What and where is: 'Improved the 6 preset colours cursors'?
1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Cool!

But I found it can't be set for Default profile, plus there is no regular color. I can untick 'Change cursor(...)', but at beginning when I tick it and do no change it's still white (like should) so maybe add normal color too?
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Regarding the cursor, there should be no need for "normal" because if the check box is not ticked (or the selection is empty), XMBC will reset the cursors to Windows default. Hence the default profile does not offer you a selection - it always uses the windows default.

NOTE: You can add more cursors to the list by dropping the .CUR (and maybe .ANI) cursor files into the XMBC settings folder.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:03 pm An idea for 'Button Held' now when we can see by yellow stars how much time passed from pressing the the held button. Could you keep everything about it like it is but make possible (by another 'held for' option) to cycle this action? I mean after 3 dots it wouldn't get stuck, but went back to one star to continue from? The only problem is, there had to be also duration of last 'held for' action.

Currently we can abort 'Button Held' when moving the cursor (when appropraite option is set). So, instead of adding maximum time for last action you can make extra option for starting sequence when mouse is moved, however I'm not sure 'ms' duration of last action wouldn't be more convinient (but perhaps also harder to add for you)?
Not sure about this one... probably possible but is it really useful? Probably not for 2.19 anyway but can add it to my list.
I'm starting to think it would be good to get 2.19 done sooner rather than later (pref. this year) because there is some good stuff in here and some pretty significant bug fixes. But I was going to look at the profile list changes (tree like thingy) first - thats potentially a big job as it will require changing the settings file structure and all the internals and will mean that you wont be able to roll back to an older version of XMBC with the same settings file - so it will need quite a bit of testing to make sure its working before that goes to release.
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Regarding the 'cursor colour settings', yes that's true what you say, there is no need to add white (default colour). What I mean is, before you make change to other colour, the checkbox may be (un)checked, but when once you apply it, then only option is to untick the box, so you're getting stuck with chosen (however disabled) colour.

It's the same occurence in Photoshop with log.txt, when once you assign the path, the only you can do later is to untick the box, but the path will remain forever visible.

Not a bug, just more like pedantic preference ;)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Here's why I think cyclying 'button for' option may be useful.

Before adding yellow dots cycling had no sense, we never knew which option is ready for use at the moment (beside 'feeling' it in first cycle). Even then the times to choose one of assigned option could not be too short like I mentioned in one of previous post of this thread as mistakenly we could release button too early / late. Now when we have control by visible yellow dots we don't have anymore to count on our inner feeling how much time elapsed, so the duration for each option may be decreased to resonable min.

Still there is risk to do it once a while too early / late because we simply forget what we wanted to do, or not decided to end about which option to choose. So when we see they are cycling we can set / change our mind during cycling or abort it. Proabbaly it's not so important change to feature though, but nice addition.

After thinking of it, the best would be to add maximum time for last 'held for' option, instead of another moving cursor box to recycle process, so still we could have chance to break initiated cycled process.

I agree there is enough of very useful stuff to release 2.19 instead of messing around with something you can't undo, like quite complex, but useful Profiles Treelike feature. So maybe leave it for another Beta ;)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Dolmatov wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:50 am language_template
"Wheel Tilt Le&ft" => "" # Changed position of & in 2.19 Beta 9
Work as
"Wheel &Tilt Left" => ""
Sorry, didn't actually need to change that one as it didn't conflict - error is in the template (it should still be "Wheel &Tilt Left" => "")
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.19 Beta 10...

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

NOTE: 2.19 Beta 1 and 2 had an incorrect version number internally and therefore the update check may fail. In this case, please manually install using the link above!

Changes since v2.19 Beta 9:
  • #641 - Separate horizontal and vertical sensitivity for change movement to scroll.
  • #628 - Added Emoji Keyboard action to button dropdown (Windows 10 only)
  • #616 - Added global hotkeys to invert mouse X and Y axis
  • #612 - Fixed Toggle ScrollLock incorrect tag
  • #581 - Fixed some resource leaks and loading of custom (user defined) cursors from settings folder.
There is a new language template file for 2.19 Beta 10!
I hope this will be the final translation update before release.

NOTE: I'm planning to move to release of 2.19 as there have been a good few changes and fixes. The only items left on the list are biggies. Particually 596 which I want to do but will require breaking changes to the setting structure (i.e. unable to roll back after upgrading), therefore I think deserve its own dedicated beta. 578 will fit nicely into that once 596 is implemented. The other items not done will also be push to 2.20 beta or later (same old same old - apologies in advance :)).

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Dolmatov
Committed

Re: XMBC 2.19 Beta (off-top)

Post by Dolmatov »

Everything below is not directly related to the need to read, but for fans of testing and for the developer, I decided to write it.
A strange situation when translating a program.

Maybe this is a pattern, an antivirus problem, a system problem, or a program problem - nothing happened according to the system and program logs (basic logs).

When editing a language file that is used by the program, the computer freezes. Moreover, the freeze is also strange: I can control the input / output of information (keyboard, mouse) and continue to listen to music, but I can’t open a new tab in the browser, no program can be launched or made to work with the system (save, open, etc.).

The situation is inconsistent, but when using the last few test versions. At normal times, the program is closed, so I noticed it only after updating, when I translate the program and check the new menu of tags and settings.

It is possible that this problem is unique and not repeated anywhere else. However, I recommend that you try to edit the current language and switch different settings when the settings window is open, select tags through the new menu, including keyboard input (ALT then tag key).
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

This may be related to the changes to the simulated keystrokes.
Does it only happen when simulated keystrokes window is open? That has some new keyboard hooks to capture the keys when the button is pressed (and you press a key to generate the tag). Maybe there is still a problem there - causing it to block keyboard input when it shouldn't but its not really clear if the problem is keyboard being blocked or the mouse not working or what!?
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Ive found a problem in beta 10 with the changes to the "change movement to scroll" window and functionality. I think X and Y is wrong way round (X should be horizontal but its applied to vertical and visa-versa). X and Y are confusing and will be changed to vertical and horizontal texts in beta 11.
xmbcmts.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

There is no exact pattern, although I checked the new menu with the mouse and through ALT.
The mouse moves, text is entered.
At the same time open: Explorer, Google Chrome browser, text editor (akelpad), AIMP player.
Noticed this way:
Edited the language, checked the display of settings, selected items in the new context menu. I decided to answer in the browser on this forum, open a new tab: I write the text successfully, after clicking the send message button I see a long page load (as if the Internet has broken and there is no connection), I open an empty tab for verification and it does not load either. I press start - the conductor does not respond. I continue to hear music. In a text editor I can save files without calling the save dialog box. Saving with a window call causes the text editor to freeze. Task Manager, I call the Explorer hotkey - there is no reaction.

I currently have little free time to enable advanced program debugging and try to simulate a hang. Because of this, I recommended checking to other users.
Thank you for the tip about the features of the program, as it was difficult to understand the direction for verification, if necessary.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Dolmatov wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:18 pm There is no exact pattern, although I checked the new menu with the mouse and through ALT.
The mouse moves, text is entered.
At the same time open: Explorer, Google Chrome browser, text editor (akelpad), AIMP player.
Noticed this way:
Edited the language, checked the display of settings, selected items in the new context menu. I decided to answer in the browser on this forum, open a new tab: I write the text successfully, after clicking the send message button I see a long page load (as if the Internet has broken and there is no connection), I open an empty tab for verification and it does not load either. I press start - the conductor does not respond. I continue to hear music. In a text editor I can save files without calling the save dialog box. Saving with a window call causes the text editor to freeze. Task Manager, I call the Explorer hotkey - there is no reaction.

I currently have little free time to enable advanced program debugging and try to simulate a hang. Because of this, I recommended checking to other users.
Thank you for the tip about the features of the program, as it was difficult to understand the direction for verification, if necessary.
OK that's very odd - lets see if anyone else has the same problem. I will try it here too but not right now!
--[ Phil ]--