XMBC 2.19 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Re: XMBC 2.19 Beta

Post by Kukurykus »

#612 - Fixed issues with simkey dialog when pressing button and tapping keys to add the tags

1) in post from Sun Oct 06, 2019: '3) LMB on XMBC icon and disable/enable XMBC' I meant RMB of course, but you got it yourself ;) Anyway what I noticed there still doesn't work

2) Right Shift used with {} enters 'SHIFT' name instead of 'RSHIFT'. From droplist it's correct, however I didn't check is it seen as right shift ineed in both cases

3) Right Alt on my keyboard is named 'Alt Gr'. Using it with {} it enters {RALT}{CTRL} instead of {RALT} only. When I hold Alt Gr and then click {} it enters {CTRL}

4) In 'Extended key tags:' of Simulated Keystrokes panel you should add NUMENTER

5) in 'Numeric Keypad' dropdown list there is lack of INSERT (that's under 0)

6) in 'Other Tags' dropdown list there is still '&' character instead of '8'

7) SEARCH pressed with preceded held {} doesn't block original key input

8) {PRTSCN} can't be entered by {} and appropriate key

9) in dropdown list of Browser (Utility) Tags there is lack of:
- {LMAIL} for E-Mail
- {LAPP2} for Calculator
- {LMEDSEL} for Music Player

10) in dropdown list there is lack of:
- {ALT}{TAB} key for ALT with TAB
- {LWIN}d key for {LWIN}d (to go to / from desktop)*
- {LWIN}e key for {LWIN)e (to open files / folders explorer)*
- {LWIN}l key for {LWIN)l (to log out from current admin / user account)*
- {LWIN}m key for {LWIN)m (to minimise / deactivate current application / inner window)*

* when I try it with {} it enters only {LWIN} for them

11) in dropdown list there is lack of:
- {SHIFT}{LWIN} key for {SHIFT}{LWIN} (to browse between desktops when someone used more than one)**

** with some update multidesktop still work, but i can't browse between them with {SHIFT}{LWIN} :/

12) in dropdown list there is lack of command to sleep computer***

*** like with the SEARCH and {LWIN}l it doesn't block original input
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:57 pm #612 - Fixed issues with simkey dialog when pressing button and tapping keys to add the tags
1) in post from Sun Oct 06, 2019: '3) LMB on XMBC icon and disable/enable XMBC' I meant RMB of course, but you got it yourself ;) Anyway what I noticed there still doesn't work
Well the global hotkeys should not be enabled now when you disable/enable XMBC - Are you saying they still are?
Kukurykus wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:57 pm 2) Right Shift used with {} enters 'SHIFT' name instead of 'RSHIFT'. From droplist it's correct, however I didn't check is it seen as right shift ineed in both cases

3) Right Alt on my keyboard is named 'Alt Gr'. Using it with {} it enters {RALT}{CTRL} instead of {RALT} only. When I hold Alt Gr and then click {} it enters {CTRL}
Actually no real difference between shift and right shift as far as I can tell so not the end of the world. Find me something that treats SHIFT+key and RSHIFT+key and maybe it will be more important. Will check ALTGR because that is different from ALT.
Kukurykus wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:57 pm 5) in 'Numeric Keypad' dropdown list there is lack of INSERT (that's under 0)
Because I think its exactly the same as INSERT {INSERT} not on the numeric keybad - which is in the list elsewhere. wame with pgup, pgdn,home, end and arrows on numkeypad...
Kukurykus wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:57 pm 9) in dropdown list of Browser (Utility) Tags there is lack of:
- {LMAIL} for E-Mail
- {LAPP2} for Calculator
- {LMEDSEL} for Music Player
Certainly {LAPP2} and {LMEDSEL} do not work - you cant trigger them with Simulated keystrokes -hence no tags in the list. I suppose they should not be nereted when holding and pressing the key either!
Kukurykus wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:57 pm 10) in dropdown list there is lack of:
- {ALT}{TAB} key for ALT with TAB
- {LWIN}d key for {LWIN}d (to go to / from desktop)*
- {LWIN}e key for {LWIN)e (to open files / folders explorer)*
- {LWIN}l key for {LWIN)l (to log out from current admin / user account)*
- {LWIN}m key for {LWIN)m (to minimise / deactivate current application / inner window)*

* when I try it with {} it enters only {LWIN} for both

11) in dropdown list there is lack of:
- {SHIFT}{LWIN} key for {SHIFT}{LWIN} (to browse between desktops when someone used more than one)**

** for some reason with some update multidesktop still work, but i can't browse between them with {SHIFT}{LWIN} :/

12) in dropdown list there is lack of command to sleep computer***

*** like with the SEARCH and {LWIN}l it doesn't block original input
10, 11: I'm not going to add combos to the menu (I presume thats what you mean by dropdown list).

12. There is no ey to sleep the computer - well there is but its not actually a proper key that can be injected or detected. Not adding any power management tags to simkeys - its kind'a irrelevant.

{LWIN}L cant be blocked - but then normal keys like L are not used by the button - its only for tags and L is not a tag. If you press {LWIN}L it will enter {LWIN} and then lock the workstation - though you will have to unlock it and remember NOT to press the L (type that in the input box!)

And for heavens sake, can't you at least give me a day off after I make an update and you pull it to pieces?! :)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

You quoted me 5 times, but I got 4 notification E-Mails, each with information you quoted me. There should be 5 then, but to be honest no matter how many you quoted my, I think one notification E-Mail should be enough. I know it's forum matter, so that's phpBB bug.

Well the global hotkeys should not be enabled now when you disable/enable XMBC - Are you saying they still are?
Okey, I only pointed out when XMBC panel is open I can't use Other Hotkey to Disable/Enable XMBC, what I can do when XMBC panel isn't open. I said about it as when XMBC panel is open I still can disable/enable it via RMB on XMBC mouse icon, and that would be convinient to enable/disable it by hotkey as well.

Actually no real difference between shift and right shift as far as I can tell so not the end of the world. Find me something that treats SHIFT+key and RSHIFT+key and maybe it will be more important. Will check ALTGR because that is different from ALT.
Maybe there is no real difference between left / right shifts, but if you used it correctly in dropdown list, then why not by pressing them with {} consequently? The only example that comes to my mind is using it with Autohokey together with XMBC. Then it may be important.

Because I think its exactly the same as INSERT {INSERT} not on the numeric keybad - which is in the list elsewhere. wame with pgup, pgdn,home, end and arrows on numkeypad...
I'm not sure, but isn't then +, -, *, / and especially DEL the same as those from non numeric part of keyboard you eventually kept? Maybe not, but I met 'small' keyboards without numeric part.

Certainly {LAPP2} and {LMEDSEL} do not work - you cant trigger them with Simulated keystrokes -hence no tags in the list. I suppose they should not be nereted when holding and pressing the key either!
I can enter them holding {} and pressing appropriate key, and then trigger their functions from bound mouse button. So for me (togeher with {LMAIL}) they all work and I use them, so putting them to dropdownlist makes sense :)

Okey about combos, that's probably not worth to spend time on.

When you won't forget it, if {WEBHOME} (like also {LMAIL}{LMEDSEL}{LAPP2}) blocks original key input, then {SEARCH} should too but it doesn't. {PrtScn} gives {}, 8 is & and there's no Numenter in SimKeys description.

I spent some time looking for bugs so it would be stupid I wouldn't share with you what I found ;)

In first post there's no update about 653, 654, 656, 657, 658 changes if adding them is part of procedure ;)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:58 pm You quoted me 5 times, but I got 4 notification E-Mails, each with information you quoted me. There should be 5 then, but to be honest no matter how many you quoted my, I think one notification E-Mail should be enough. I know it's forum matter, so that's phpBB bug.
I made 4 edits - I guess you get notified when I edit too - perhaps not a bug but a rather silly feature! lol.
I'll read the rest later :)
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:58 pm Okey, I only pointed out when XMBC panel is open I can't use Other Hotkey to Disable/Enable XMBC, what I can do when XMBC panel isn't open. I said about it as when XMBC panel is open I still can disable/enable it via RMB on XMBC mouse icon, and that would be convinient to enable/disable it by hotkey as well.
As I thought I explained previously, all global hotkeys *should* be disabled when the setup window is open. This is intentional and mainly to prevent conflict when setting the global hoteys. Maybe I could just disable the hoteys when in the hotkey settings tab but thats much more difficult so I went the easy route and disabled them whenever the setup window is open full stop!. The bug I fixed was that if you enable.disable via the context menus, it re-enabled the hotkeys when the setup window was open - causing problems!
Kukurykus wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:58 pm
Maybe there is no real difference between left / right shifts, but if you used it correctly in dropdown list, then why not by pressing them with {} consequently? The only example that comes to my mind is using it with Autohokey together with XMBC. Then it may be important.
Its a bug for sure - I'll probably fix it but its not 100% essential. Depends on why its happening- if its a silly mistake/easy fix fair enough - all Im saying is that I'm not going to waste hours on it as its not that important - but Im sure it will be a silly error/simple fix.
I'm not sure, but isn't then +, -, *, / and especially DEL the same as those from non numeric part of keyboard you eventually kept? Maybe not, but I met 'small' keyboards without numeric part.
Yes, especially del - perhaps that shouldnt be there - but I'm not sure about +,-,.,, - the numeric keys obviously are different and what gets sent depends on the numlock state - same when simulating keys I think. I'll look at it but Im not sure yet what the outcome will be!
I can enter them holding {} and pressing appropriate key, and then trigger their functions from bound mouse button. So for me (togeher with {LMAIL}) they all work and I use them, so putting them to dropdownlist makes sense :)
Oh really? I tried {LAPP2} in simulated keystrokes an it did nothing for me (it didnt open calculator like the physical key did) - if it works for you then maybe I should leave it in. Does {LMEDSEL} work in simulated keys too?
Kukurykus wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:58 pm Okey about combos, that's probably not worth to spend time on.

When you won't forget it, if {WEBHOME} (like also {LMAIL}{LMEDSEL}{LAPP2}) blocks original key input, then {SEARCH} should too but it doesn't. {PrtScn} gives {}, 8 is & and there's no Numenter in SimKeys description.

I spent some time looking for bugs so it would be stupid I wouldn't share with you what I found ;)
I'll look at search - must have missed that one from the list of keys to ignore - its quite a long list to manage so I guess I just missed that one - and to be honest, I didn't really look at it much for this beta - I did some work right after beta 4 and then took a feew weeks break, including a holiday out of the country - and then I found a major bug in beta 5 (pre-release) that I simply had to fix (it was breaking all sorts for me - and thus good I didn't push out beta 5 before I went on holiday lol), along with some other bug reports that were important enough to "rush" out and I forgot to complete all the stuff I was doing after beta 4....

Oh please don't stop sending the bug reports - that not what I meant... I simply wanted a bit of a break before seeing them hahaha! :hide:
Kukurykus wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:58 pm In first post there's no update about 653, 654, 656, 657, 658 changes if adding them is part of procedure ;)
Not sure what you mean by this? Oh sorry, yes got it - these are the new bugs I added to the list as I fixed them today. I'll try and remember to add to first post but as I think it says in first post, its only a rough list and is subject to change - I just havn't updated that post yet :)).
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I had too much time today for playing with this feature, it's why I'm so annoying about, and to be honest from all you added this one is most interesting for me so I try to be helpful where I know my input will be valuable.

Now I remember original post about - yes the fix to block hotkeys when they start to work after disabling / enabling XMBC from bottom bar is reasonable, however that was very friendly bug for me ;)

If DEL and INS from numeric keyboard have the same codes as regular ones then yes there is no sense to keep them there, but if they are different both of them should exist on that list.

Yes, LMEDSEL works too, also on other keyboard (Logitech 260) where I don't have that hotkey. The one I tested it originally on, is Logitech 360.

On that 2nd keyboard I tested SHIFT and ALT GR. Same problem. No {RSHIFT} and wrongly {RALT}{CTRL}.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK yes I have figured out the SHIFT/RSHIFT and RALT issues... RALT is/was a pain in the backside... Who knew that "Alt Gr" is actually CTRL+ALT - really it is. The only use I know of for "Alt Gr" is for the € symbol. Maybe its also used for accents. But it turns out that CTRL+ALT is the same as "Alt Gr" - I guess for those with no "Alt Gr" key - and thats why XMBC saw it as {CTRL}{RALT} because thats what is actually sent. I have had to work around that - but it should be OK.

Some of the other issues...

- When you say "8 is &" what do you mean - I know we chatted about it before but I cant see it.

- {NumEnter} IS in the simkey description...
Capture.PNG
- {} gets added by pressing the button - if no valid tags are inserted while holding the button... It will now only add {} if the button is pressed AND released quickly - if you hold the button it will not insert {} even if no tags were added.

- Insert and Delete are NOT on the numpad list, because insert is NUM 0 and delete is DECIMAL (these are BOTH on the list but maybe less obvious).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

For a second I thought ALT GR is perhpas left ALT with CTRL, but then I forgot about as quickly as this idea came to me. Good you found the same :)

To be precise "8 is not &" but there is no ", 8 " characters between "7" and " & 9" in Press / Release Methods of Other Tags.

Hmm, yes NumEnter is there where I had to miss it. I looked at all commands carefually, but maybe I should have repeat it.

Wow, {PRTSCN} works! Probably each time I were releasing unconsciously keys before mouse button!

You are right again. I thought of Decimal like of Delete, probably because of first same letter. My bad.

Summing up the only things to correct is {RSHIFT} from {SHIFT}, {SEARCH} which calls search window, lack of ', 8 ' characters if I'm not wrong, and the things to add to dropdown list: {LMAIL}, {LAPP2}, {LMEDSEL}.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Regarding he & ... ah yes I remember now.. BUt I think actually it is correct...

Code: Select all

Special tags for send methods 1,2,4,5,6,7 & 9:
			{PRESS} Press down the following key
			{RELEASE} Release (let go of) the following key
			NOTE: You must {RELEASE} any key you {PRESS} in the same sequence!
It does NOT apply to methods 3 and 8, only to methods 1,2,4,5,6,7 and 9.... But I'm now wondering it it applies to 9!!! (lol)

--------------
I will add the launch (email, app1, app2, media select) to the other tags list (I didn't add them as the are unreliable - they will ONLY work in some cases (they don't work on my Microsoft media keyboard - even for the keys like calc (launch app2) which work on the keyboard - maybe my Windows configuration, I'm not sure.)

Ive fixed all the other things I think - maybe I'll put it out there tomorrow
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Loll I didn't notice method 3 is not there too. Well you know what you do, so mostly everywhere I thought there is lack / bug you proved I'm wrong :D

I didn't know of {lapp1} command, but if there is {lapp2} there must be the first one too. I checked 3rd but it does not do anything. btw I wonder what that 'l' letter at beginning stands for? Ah, and the {lapp1} is for explorer, so the same like I used {WIN}e. Both my keyboards are Logitech brand, yours is Microsoft, but I doubt that makes difference, it's more about like you guess some settings?
Last edited by Kukurykus on Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

'l' stands for Launch I think :)
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hot on the heals of 2.19 Beta 5, beta 6 is here.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

NOTE: 2.19 Beta 1 and 2 had an incorrect version number internally and therefore the update check may fail. In this case, please manually install using the link above!

Changes since v2.19 Beta 5:
  • #656 - Fixed an issue with modifier keys setup screen which was broken in 2.19 beta 5.
  • #612 - More fixes for issues reported by Kukurykus {RALT} {RSHIFT} {SEARCH} {PRTSCN} {PAUSE} etc.
  • #612 - Fixed some issues with missing translations in the dropdown menu.
  • #611 - Added option to allow (or not) XMBC to set/override mouse speed and precision settings.
There is a new language template file for 2.19 Beta 6 - mostly for the missing items in #612 but also a new item for #611

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Something is wrong. It says of avialable Beta 6, shows me its feature, I click to upgrade to Beta 6, it installs it (from 'Check for Update'), but it's still Beta 5, and I can over and over Check for Update to update it to 6, to find it's 5 again.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

And for those of you too quick - the 2.19 Beta 6 file is uploaded now :)
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Now is okey!

{SEARCH} and {RSHIFT} work, while {} and all appropriate keys work better, I mean before I had to release clicked / pressed button / keys to get effect. Now commands show in the code blank right after I hold {} & press certain key.

I noticed you added method 8, but you said it doesn't work like 3rd, so probably now you have to remove it (together with 9 you susspect may not work too ;))

email, app1, app2 and medsel in Other Tags is maybe not best idea as you keep there not default but created by you commands, but after all there is no better place for now, so it's okey. I think Calculator, Player and Explorer should be in Utilities tag while E-Mail in Browser? Anyway it's okey like it is now :D
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P