XMBC 2.19 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.19 Beta

Post by phil »

Here is 2.19 Beta 11...

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

NOTE: 2.19 Beta 1 and 2 had an incorrect version number internally and therefore the update check may fail. In this case, please manually install using the link above!

Changes since v2.19 Beta 10:
  • #641 - Change X/Y on Movement To scroll tab to Vertical/Horizontal
  • - Updated user manual.
There is a new language template file for 2.19 Beta 11!
I hope this time it really will be the final translation update before release!

NOTE: I'm planning to move to release of 2.19 as there have been a good few changes and fixes. The only items left on the list are biggies. Particularly 596 which I want to do but will require breaking changes to the setting structure (i.e. unable to roll back after upgrading), therefore I think deserve its own dedicated beta. 578 will fit nicely into that once 596 is implemented. The other items not done will also be push to 2.20 beta or later (same old same old - apologies in advance :)).

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

According to freezes. I will lose my mind if I think that the program is to blame.
The program is closed. I launch the program without calling the GUI. Through the context menu, I start the update. The update is downloading. "Hang" for more than 30 seconds with an attempt to start something (open browser, XBMC, AVIRA in the notification area). He went about his business. The called task manager is open, everything works completely.

In the system logs:
The Media Class Scheduler service is now in the Running state.
 "Received the following fatal error warning: 20."
"TIMEOUT: event = 3 PID = 1944"
The Media Class Scheduler service has transitioned to the Stopped state.
TIMEOUT <avguard.exe> ??C: \ Windows \ System32 \ smss.exe

There is a difference of about 5 minutes between good system notifications. Previously, I turned on the PC again, because Download about a minute.
In antivirus debugging, there are also messages about a lost connection. Perhaps I should check the operation of the programs relative to each other and send a report to the antivirus developers.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Presume by "the program" you mean XMBC?
When you update XMBC using the check updates, it downloads the update installer (its smaler than the main installer and there is a separate x64 and x86 version). The file is about 1.2Mb and you can download it from this URL (to check if that downloads OK in your browser) https://www.highrez.co.uk/scripts/downl ... on=2190011

There are two servers hosting the files (both in the UK) but which one you get will potentially be different each time. Its possible that something goes wrong with the download I guess.

Once downloaded, XMBC launches the installer. The installer runs silently, closes XMBC and updates the exe and dll file(s) and then launches them.

So That's the process, I'm not sure what could be interfering - could be AV (esp with a new file thats not been seen before - maybe its uploading it or scanning it more deeply because the file is sooo new it wont have any reputation). I know MSAV (built in to Windows) can block "new" files and you have to tell it to run anyway - maybe something like that is happening but silently in the background?!

But is the SAME problem you mentioned before about it locking out things - it sounds like a completely different problem to me?!
--[ Phil ]--
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

Thanks to fix which i reported. And additional reports... :(

1. Duplicate (I missed in past report.)
- "&Home" (#454: Standard Key)
- "&Home" (#498: Browser Keys)

2. Labels don't seem to be translated correctly. Existing items (maybe in Layer Hotkeys tab) are displayed.
- "Ne&xt Layer" (#514)
- "P&revious Layer" (#515)

Regard,
suke
Logitech AnywhereMX (7 Btn), M555b (5 Btn) w/ SetPoint v6.32
Microsoft WirelessLaserMouse8000 (5 Btn), WLM5000 (5 Btn) w/ IntelliPoint v6.30
XMBC: now Latest BETA as Portable (since v1.48, 2009)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

sukemaru wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:26 am Thanks to fix which i reported. And additional reports... :(

1. Duplicate (I missed in past report.)
- "&Home" (#454: Standard Key)
- "&Home" (#498: Browser Keys)
I don't think this is a duplicate. One is the home key on the keyboard {HOME} (that moves the cursor to the beginning of the line/document), the other is Home in the browser {WEBHOME} (on a media keyboard) that takes you to your home page - they ARE different keys.

The problem of course, is that they translate different I guess - so I will need to change one of them to put the & in a different place - probably "Ho&me" on the one in browser keys.
sukemaru wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:26 am 2. Labels don't seem to be translated correctly. Existing items (maybe in Layer Hotkeys tab) are displayed.
- "Ne&xt Layer" (#514)
- "P&revious Layer" (#515)
Looking at the menu, it should be "&Next layer" and "&Previous Layer" so I guess the & in the wrong position.
Now to decide which is right, looks like I intended to change it after your last list (as it says # Changed position of & in 2.19 Beta 9)
- It is duplicated on the global hotkeys tab so it should have been changed like I intended. Must have missed it in the code :(

Will decide how to proceed with that - I suspect I will switch it back in the template.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Interim translation file for beta 12 ... Fixes Suke's two issues above. I'm not going to rush 2.19 b12 though - I'll wait a bit and see if there are any other problems (not least cos its almost 1am!)
language_template.xmbclp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

phil wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:34 pm Presume by "the program" you mean XMBC?
But is the SAME problem you mentioned before about it locking out things - it sounds like a completely different problem to me?!
XMBC.
At the moment, it is necessary to check the situation in detail, as he himself did not understand the nature of these freezes. The last time described, it turned out that, after all, this is not connected with the program settings and translation. It is possible that the antivirus unnecessarily checks the XBMC.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Yestarday at home I updated from Beta 9 to 10, and then from 10 to 11. Today in work I checked for update (from 9 to 11), but though it was possible I had no updates history in update window, only something like 'Log file can't be found', so instead of Update button I pressed Skip. If you fix it till tomorrow I'll try it again and let you know whether updtaes history is displayed.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Hi guys, I see there are many nice things done :!:

Indeed it looks like it's time for 2.19 release :)

Phil, just two questions out of curiosity:

I'm a bit worried about that ''no reverting'' thing after implementing the profile tree structure in 2.20. Most probably, when the time comes, there will be some kind of ''WARNING'' when attempt to upgrade, but is it possible to make an option: ''Would you like XMBC to save a copy of the old Settings file''? That way, if anyone for some reason needs to revert, he may manually ''export'' profiles (one by one) from the new version and import them in the older version after reverting.

Did you have a chance to look at the double/triple clicks? I've read the whole beta thread but didn't see anything about that, sorry if I've missed it!
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

After 2.19 will be up and then 2.20 with Profiles Tree-like, we'll have double/triple clicks in 2.21 :hide:
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

Changes since v2.19 Beta 11:
- Updated user manual.
I believe that adding a description of new functions will be later. Right?
* Added ability to cycle through 4 preset cursor speeds using a button or global hotkey. Added option to allow (or not) XMBC to set/override mouse speed and precision settings. (new settings tab)
* Added translation strings for the 6 preset coloured cursors (list color)
phil wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:03 pm NOTE: You can add more cursors to the list by dropping the .CUR (and maybe .ANI) cursor files into the XMBC settings folder.
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Hi, I overslept the beta testing. :lol:

Nevertheless I updated from version 12.18.8 to 2.19 beta 11 and I was presented with a log not only from 12.18.8 but far way from before. :P

Two bugs I found:
Holding left CTRL and pressing {} results in double {CTRL}{CTRL}

In the second when I set Shift button to activate layer 2 that changes vertical scrolling into horizontal. In some profiles the left Shift changes the layer in another right one.
E.g. In IrfanView when I press left shift I see a digit 2 next to cursor, but there is no scrolling (nor vertical or horizontal), but when I press right shift I don't see the digit, but I can scroll horizontally.
In Waterfox the left shift works for cursor and scrolling horizontally, but the right shift is completely ignored.

Alt Gr on some keyboards like Polish is combination of Ctrl+Alt which allows to use national signs.
Some applications and games can recognize it as right alt, but some see only ctrl and alt pressed together.
To use € on Polish keyboard press Alt Gr + U.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Dolmatov wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:34 pm
Changes since v2.19 Beta 11:
- Updated user manual.
I believe that adding a description of new functions will be later. Right?
* Added ability to cycle through 4 preset cursor speeds using a button or global hotkey. Added option to allow (or not) XMBC to set/override mouse speed and precision settings. (new settings tab)
* Added translation strings for the 6 preset coloured cursors (list color)
phil wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:03 pm NOTE: You can add more cursors to the list by dropping the .CUR (and maybe .ANI) cursor files into the XMBC settings folder.
That is in the update to the user manual I made yesterday. You wont see this unless you download the full install of the beta (use the link above) then it gets installed alongside XMBC. I wont publish it online until the release )cos otherwise it would refer to things not in the current release).
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

injtsvetkov wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:46 pm Hi guys, I see there are many nice things done :!:

Indeed it looks like it's time for 2.19 release :)

Phil, just two questions out of curiosity:

I'm a bit worried about that ''no reverting'' thing after implementing the profile tree structure in 2.20. Most probably, when the time comes, there will be some kind of ''WARNING'' when attempt to upgrade, but is it possible to make an option: ''Would you like XMBC to save a copy of the old Settings file''? That way, if anyone for some reason needs to revert, he may manually ''export'' profiles (one by one) from the new version and import them in the older version after reverting.
XMBC always backs up the settings file when upgrading - take a look and you will see (potentially hundreds) of old settings files!!!
Did you have a chance to look at the double/triple clicks? I've read the whole beta thread but didn't see anything about that, sorry if I've missed it!
No, as the very first post shows - its still not done. Ive had some thoughts but the majority of them are "it isn't going to work for one reason or another (mainly because it would have to block buttons till it knows)"!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:48 pm Hi, I overslept the beta testing. :lol:

Nevertheless I updated from version 12.18.8 to 2.19 beta 11 and I was presented with a log not only from 12.18.8 but far way from before. :P

Two bugs I found:
Holding left CTRL and pressing {} results in double {CTRL}{CTRL}

In the second when I set Shift button to activate layer 2 that changes vertical scrolling into horizontal. In some profiles the left Shift changes the layer in another right one.
E.g. In IrfanView when I press left shift I see a digit 2 next to cursor, but there is no scrolling (nor vertical or horizontal), but when I press right shift I don't see the digit, but I can scroll horizontally.
In Waterfox the left shift works for cursor and scrolling horizontally, but the right shift is completely ignored.
Sigh - looks like some more things to iron out then!
Alt Gr on some keyboards like Polish is combination of Ctrl+Alt which allows to use national signs.
Some applications and games can recognize it as right alt, but some see only ctrl and alt pressed together.
To use € on Polish keyboard press Alt Gr + U.
Same on the UK keyboard! Was that just for information or was there some sort of coded bug report in there?
--[ Phil ]--