XMBC 2.19 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.19 Beta

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:59 pm After 2.19 will be up and then 2.20 with Profiles Tree-like, we'll have double/triple clicks in 2.21 :hide:
I make no promises - but certainly the tree thing will be the first thing to tackle in the next beta. I have a plan of how to do it and have already started, until I realised it could be a significant/breaking change to the settings structure as well as the GUI structure (and the internal processing too - i.e. a much bigger job with more risk associated).

The double/triple clicks is an "investigate the possibility" as things stand, I don't even know if it will be possible at XMBC level (windows mouse hooks level - hence the need to investigate). It may be that I write a completely separate program to test some theories. - Its also a pretty big job, but the result of the investigation may be that it wont happen - just saying! It might be simular to button held/button chord - in which case its possible- but it will have some caveats that I can see being a problem in some circumstances (not least games).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

@Phil,
phil wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:33 am The problem of course, is that they translate different I guess - so I will need to change one of them to put the & in a different place - probably "Ho&me" on the one in browser keys.
phil wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:33 am Will decide how to proceed with that - I suspect I will switch it back in the template.
Yes. I'm sure, and they are what I wanted to point out.
"Home" key name is not translated as a convention in Japanese, but "Homepage" key is translated and described.

----
<Request>
When i tried using "Change cursor to indicate active layer" setting, the mouse pointer (beam/arrow) turned white and its border-line disappeared. In an application with white background, it is difficult to see the cursor position. I hope that the design of the cursor when changing layers should be "with outline."

Now my XMBC has three layers. Layer-1 is for AnywhereMX that has 5 buttons and 4 directions wheel, layer-2 is for other mices which doesnot have tilts or button4/5, layer-3 is for temporary using with holding Ctrl key down. I think that indicate option is meaningful when changing layers continuously or cycle switching, not when changing temporarily with modefier keys, so it's better to be close to the default design of system cursor - if possible. (I don't really care about temporary switching.)

----
<User Guide PDF> (it's all small and may not be important...)

- Page 7:
In the image of "Button Held" panel, the option "Wait until the physical button is released..." disappears.

- Page 9:
The description of "Lock Scroll Axis" will be integrated into "Lock Scroll Axis/Direction" description below.
... I wonderd, and confirmed with the template that there was an independent option (checkbox) for locking axis, but it was not there. lol

- Page 12:
In the bottom of the page, noted "(+) Those options can be overridden on a per profile bases..."
Now every options in "Advanced setting" are not overwritten by "per profile settings."

- Page 13:
* In Language section,
"as often as XMB" => "as often as XMBC"

* About log file folder location,
:?: "%AppData%\Roaming\Highresolution Enterprises\XMouseButtonControl" => "%AppData%\Highresolution Enterprises\XMouseButtonControl"

"%AppData%" is meaning "%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming" folder, or isn't it?

suke
Last edited by sukemaru on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logitech AnywhereMX (7 Btn), M555b (5 Btn) w/ SetPoint v6.32
Microsoft WirelessLaserMouse8000 (5 Btn), WLM5000 (5 Btn) w/ IntelliPoint v6.30
XMBC: now Latest BETA as Portable (since v1.48, 2009)
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Two bugs I found:
Holding left CTRL and pressing {} results in double {CTRL}{CTRL}
Loll, I found it today few hours before you, but then I thought the correct procedure is to click & hold in first instance {}, then press certain key. If someone wanted other order for this - it should be disabled to not confuse, however I remember in previous beta's there was no problem about it. It's still better to click first {}, as some functions may be activated to early if you call them before {}. btw I checked there is the same problem with other common keys, like Shift or Alt.
In some profiles the left Shift changes the layer in another right one.
There was problem about Shift in earlier Beta. I don't remember if it worked right but both RSHIFT was displayed as SHIFT (left), so maybe something more is still broken about it.
To use € on Polish keyboard press Alt Gr + U.
Thx, I could not find the combination for this what I wrote in other post ;)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

I think, XBMC after get ctrl code don't clean memory
Sometime ctrl get after early pressed button {CTRL}{SHIFT}{CTRL}{SHIFT}{NUMLOCK}{SCROLLLOCK} or {CTRL}{CTRL}{CAPSLOCK}{NUMLOCK}{SCROLLLOCK} from capslock + ctrl + {}
{PAUSE} get from capslock + ctrl + numlock + {}, also get {BREAK} and {PAUSE} other random combination with CTRL. Break and pause button don't used.
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:56 pmSame on the UK keyboard! Was that just for information or was there some sort of coded bug report in there?
That was just for information, a bonus from me. :lol:
Sigh - looks like some more things to iron out then!
I did it on purpose, I need more time for translating. :lol:
Nevertheless, In Notepad 2 I can't scroll at all with any of Shift pressed, so there are three different behaviors for one thing. :P
Last edited by maxoku on Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Kukurykus wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:37 pmLoll, I found it today few hours before you, but then I thought the correct procedure is to click & hold in first instance {}, then press certain key.
I found it just after I updated and just after posting I've discovered the proper procedure. :P
I checked there is the same problem with other common keys, like Shift or Alt
I don't have a problem with any Shifts, right ctrl and left alt, but right alt gives three different tags: for right alt, ctrl and alt (left ones). :lol:
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I meant when you for ex. hold Shift and then click {} it gives {shift}{shift} (so like with Ctrl).
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Kukurykus wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:39 pmI meant when you for ex. hold Shift and then click {} it gives {shift}{shift} (so like with Ctrl).
It doesn't by itself for me, but if I play with ctrl then shift also starts to behave strange too. :lol:
Sometimes if I press both shift and ctrl I get {CTRL}{SHIFT}{CTRL}{SHIFT} or single {SHIFT}. After having double ctrl I can get double shift too. The same with left alt too though.
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

Code: Select all

"Mouse speed for each cursor speed cycle:" =>
Missing quotation for translation at the end and the translation tool doesn't see the string in the template.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

sukemaru wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:07 pm @Phil,
phil wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:33 am The problem of course, is that they translate different I guess - so I will need to change one of them to put the & in a different place - probably "Ho&me" on the one in browser keys.
phil wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:33 am Will decide how to proceed with that - I suspect I will switch it back in the template.
Yes. I'm sure, and they are what I wanted to point out.
"Home" key name is not translated as a convention in Japanese, but "Homepage" key is translated and described.

----
<Request>
When i tried using "Change cursor to indicate active layer" setting, the mouse pointer (beam/arrow) turned white and its border-line disappeared. In an application with white background, it is difficult to see the cursor position. I hope that the design of the cursor when changing layers should be "with outline."
The overlay uses RGB mapping to do transparency - and I think it uses black as transparent. That why the outline dissapears. I tried to imporve it but to no avail. I will try again but no promises.
sukemaru wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:07 pm ----
<User Guide PDF> (it's all small and may not be important...)

- Page 7:
In the image of "Button Held" panel, "Wait until the physical button is released before releasing the last timed action" option disappears.

- Page 9:
The description of "Lock Scroll Axis" will be integrated into "Lock Scroll Axis/Direction" description below. I confirmed with the template that there was an independent option (checkbox) for locking axis, but it was not there. lol

- Page 12:
In the bottom of the page, noted "(+) Those options can be overridden on a per profile bases..."
Now every options in "Advanced setting" are not overwritten by "per profile settings."

- Page 13:
* In Language section,
"as often as XMB" => "as often as XMBC"
Are you looking at the most recent PDF (included in the install package) I will check but if your looking at an older manual... your page references at least could be out. I think from your page 12 comments - you are looking at the most recent update - so I will go and check :)
sukemaru wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:07 pm * About log file folder location,
:?: "%AppData%\Roaming\Highresolution Enterprises\XMouseButtonControl" => "%AppData%\\Highresolution Enterprises\XMouseButtonControl"
"%AppData%" is meaning "%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming" folder, or isn't it?

suke
Yes - will if you open the RUN window (from start / WIN+R) and type %appdata% it will take you to the folder and yes its under the user profile, but thats irrelevant. %appdata% is the name that is replaced by c:\users\username\appdata (but it may not be on C, it may not be called Users and username is obviously dependant on the logged in user - simply using %appdata% always takes you to the correct place! Just like %programfiles% always takes you to the program files folder and %system32% always takes you to the c:\windows\system32 folder wherever it is (and on x64 windows, it may take you to the virtualization folder if the process is 32bit but thats a different story!)
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

maxoku wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:49 pm
Kukurykus wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:39 pmI meant when you for ex. hold Shift and then click {} it gives {shift}{shift} (so like with Ctrl).
It doesn't by itself for me, but if I play with ctrl then shift also starts to behave strange too. :lol:
Sometimes if I press both shift and ctrl I get {CTRL}{SHIFT}{CTRL}{SHIFT} or single {SHIFT}. After having double ctrl I can get double shift too. The same with left alt too though.
Hummm its only supposed to put the tage in if you press the key AFTER you click the button - I suspect its doing it on both key DOWN and key UP in this case... Sigh.

Stop finding bugs damn it :) :lol: :lol: :lol: (no please don't!!!!)
--[ Phil ]--
maxoku
Committed

Post by maxoku »

phil wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:25 pmStop finding bugs damn it :) :lol: :lol: :lol: (no please don't!!!!)
Okie, I practically finished translating, so I guess I'll stop after this final report. :lol:

Code: Select all

"Launch EMail" => "Otwórz E-Mail"
Was removed from the template. It's in the drop menu for buttons in the layer tab.

After installing language file the wrong tab in settings is opened. Advance instead of Language. It was probably set to open third tab which was language before, but a new tab appeared, so it's now the fourth tab. :P
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

Thanks for Replying, (just i was editing my previous post...)
phil wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:24 pm The overlay uses RGB mapping to do transparency - and I think it uses black as transparent. That why the outline dissapears. I tried to imporve it but to no avail. I will try again but no promises.
If it is difficult to fix "black as tranceparent", You may use RGB #010000 for outline as a workaround :?:

phil wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:24 pm Are you looking at the most recent PDF (included in the install package) I will check but if your looking at an older manual... your page references at least could be out. I think from your page 12 comments - you are looking at the most recent update - so I will go and check :)
Yes, the things what I pointed out in my previous post are about PDF in the full-installer package of beta 11.

Regard,
suke
Logitech AnywhereMX (7 Btn), M555b (5 Btn) w/ SetPoint v6.32
Microsoft WirelessLaserMouse8000 (5 Btn), WLM5000 (5 Btn) w/ IntelliPoint v6.30
XMBC: now Latest BETA as Portable (since v1.48, 2009)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Thanks Suke - fixed.
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I don't know if anything was done to fix it, but updates list in update window is today available in my work.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P