XMBC 2.19 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Re: XMBC 2.19 Beta

Post by injtsvetkov »

Kukurykus wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:18 pm That red area is sensitive. When you click on it (un)ticks boxes without activating Apply button.
It is on edge and one pixel outside. On other sides it does not work with cursor, so as should.
I tried that on Win7 x64 but it activates the Apply button every time like it should. Tomorrow I'll try on WinXP if I don't forget...
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

That red area is sensitive. When you click on it (un)ticks boxes without activating Apply button.
It is on edge and one pixel outside. On other sides it does not work with cursor, so as should.
Remind me what OS - because its not doing here on Windows 10....

EDIT: OK just reproduced it on windows 10 - had to magnify the screen... and actually the cursor IS over the checkbox - that is the black line of the cursor is - but it certainly didn't activate the apply button... odd indeed - must be a bug in the windows control - maybe have to report that one to MIcrosoft :) haha (yeh!). I will raise it as an issue and have a look but not for 2.19.

EDIT2: PS this is not a 2.19 beta issue - it probably should have been raised in its own topic rather than here because there is a great chance of being forgotten/lost in time once 2.19 is released - but I'll let you off - by bug tracker should stop that happening :)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Yes it happens for me in Windows 10. btw I have some suggestion. I will not create another topic for as it seems to be easy to implement. In Simulated Keystrokes often I meet such situation that I want to use {} with pressed button, not in spot of cursor, but instead of highlighted (selected) part of code.

For now when I have selected {SHIFT} in {CTRL}{SHIFT}q and I click {} with {ALT}

I'm getting {CTRL}{ALT}{SHIFT}q but I'd like to get: {CTRL}{ALT}q

1) so when there's cursor only, it would insert {tag} into that place, but when selected part was recognised then it would be replaced by used {tag}

2) aditionally that would be useful if Ctrl z (undo) worked for entered this way tags (that work now only for manually entered letters from keyboard)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Problem with the {} button on WinXP
{}.JPG
The dropdown is not there and when I click the button it does not insert {} and it removes the focus from the text field. However when I hold a key and click {} it inserts the tag of the button.
Anyone else has that issue on WInXP :?:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HAMA Mirano
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

injtsvetkov wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:26 pm Problem with the {} button on WinXP
The dropdown is not there
Beta 8 and later have added special support for XP. Move the mouse pointer over the {} button, the following description will be displayed in the bottom of the pop-up hint (maybe only on XP).

"Right click to select a tag from the menu"

... It may be a bit hard to find for NON-translators :D
injtsvetkov wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:26 pm and when I click the button it does not insert {} and it removes the focus from the text field. However when I hold a key and click {} it inserts the tag of the button.
Yes, it was reproduced on my XP too. It seemed that the focus was left on the button.
In some previous beta, empty {} brackets were entered... (but I don’t think it ’s a big deal) :)
Logitech AnywhereMX (7 Btn), M555b (5 Btn) w/ SetPoint v6.32
Microsoft WirelessLaserMouse8000 (5 Btn), WLM5000 (5 Btn) w/ IntelliPoint v6.30
XMBC: now Latest BETA as Portable (since v1.48, 2009)
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

sukemaru wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:25 am "Right click to select a tag from the menu"

... It may be a bit hard to find for NON-translators :D
injtsvetkov wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:26 pm and when I click the button it does not insert {} and it removes the focus from the text field. However when I hold a key and click {} it inserts the tag of the button.
Yes, it was reproduced on my XP too. It seemed that the focus was left on the button.
In some previous beta, empty {} brackets were entered... (but I don’t think it ’s a big deal) :)
Yes, I think it's hard to find by ordinary users. I have to say it's quite neat though. However the combination of that and the left-click doing nothing seems strange, especially when the hint doesn't show up after you left-click the button.
I would propose making the dropdown appear simply by hovering over the button (without clicking), because this IMO would look good on all OS's and personally I use the dropdown (or the 'click-hold + press key' option) more often than simply '{}', might even make the button smaller (like it was before adding the dropdown). Ofcourse if no one else likes this idea then it doesn't matter :)
HAMA Mirano
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Its a bug in the latest beta - the left click is not working (not putting in the {}) and sometimes other problems too. I have already fixed it - was waiting on the information about the problem for the remaining issue I wanted to look at (kind'a given up waiting for that though) so I will probably release this fix with another beta....

As for the right click in XP - its the only option as XP does not support the split button/dropdown - it was introduced into the MFC run-times with Windows 7 - And I'm not about to reinvent the wheel and make my own control just for an OS that is way out of support (heck, even Windows 7 is out of support now (or very soon)) so the right click was the only sensible solution. Ordinary users should not be using an insecure, out of date, unsupported operating system!
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I just wanted to let know {ACTIVATE} I found recently, doesn't work always good. I read in other thread it can be replaced by {LMB} but that would be too risky depending what Photoshop tool is activated earlier.

Fortunately I found workaround that never failed so far. The command at end of simulated keystroke code in the Bridge (the app I switch from) to move cursor of 1 pixel: {MADD:1,1}. This is initiated in Bridge yet (image browser), after some other code in same line, but triggered when Photoshop is already most front.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, a bit longer than anticipated, but good things/more bugs come to those who wait eh?!
Here is 2.19 Beta 20...

The good thing about waiting a while was that I found and fixed several bugs myself, as well as a few other candidates offered by you above. More to the point, issue #668 was worth waiting for - a genuine bug perhaps with a limited use case (why no one else had noticed it). Hopefully it is fixed in this beta.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

NOTE: 2.19 Beta 1 and 2 had an incorrect version number internally and therefore the update check may fail. In this case, please manually install using the link above!

Changes since v2.19 Beta 19:
  • #670 - Fixed APPLY button not activating when ticking a profile with the mouse cursor on the right outer edge of the checkbox.
  • #669 - Fixed issue when the chord is cancelled also triggering the mouse button default action.
  • #668 - Fixed issue with SimKeys mode 6 (repeat) no stopping in some cases (mostly browser tabs).
  • #612 - Fixed behaviour when clicking {} with/without a key being pressed.
  • #581 - Fixed bug when using Lock Y axis modifier key (introduced when changing the cursor overlay codes).
There are NO changes to the language template file for 2.19 Beta 20.

I hope we are finally getting there.... Perhaps I should stop saying that :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

phil wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:30 pm <...>
Here is 2.19 Beta 12...
<...>
Changes since v2.19 Beta 19
<...>
There are NO changes to the language template file for 2.19 Beta 20
<...>
Which version to expect?
The program cannot be updated from 19 to 20 build.
26012020.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Oops I haven't updated the changelog text file - it should still update if you hit the update button - does it not??!!

EDIT: Oh bu**er, beta 20 still says its beta 19 - I didn't update the version number either ... :oops:.
Will fix and rebuild - but if you hit update it will actually be beta 20 and say beta 19 - and still prompt to update LOL...

EDIT2: Fixed! Re-update and it should be fine. Sorry - and thanks for letting me know quickly :)
--[ Phil ]--
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

It looks like the program number is incorrect. I downloaded it via a direct link - 19 build in the program, at least in the name of the 20th. And I separately checked it through extracting files from XMouseButtonControlSetup.2.19 Beta20
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yes Ive just fixed it.
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

#670 works well, but if that wasn't mentioned in changes I'd like to say holding simulated keystrokes {} and pressing any of 2 Enters does not enter them to text area (that worked few Beta's ago to later got broken).
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:19 pm #670 works well, but if that wasn't mentioned in changes I'd like to say holding simulated keystrokes {} and pressing any of 2 Enters does not enter them to text area (that worked few Beta's ago to later got broken).
What wasn't mentioned in the changes?
I can confirm ENTER isn't working - great - when did that break I wonder.... Also there is another bug with that button - some keys {F**}, {backspace} cause the button to loose focus and subsequent keys don't get put in - I'm sure that worked before too ... Sigh will this ever end - and why is always the simple little things that turn out to be the most problematic?!?!?... GUI programming - Who'd do it!
--[ Phil ]--