X-Mouse Button Control is not working with visual studio

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
juliette52
New User

X-Mouse Button Control is not working with visual studio

Post by juliette52 »

I'm using this software X-Mouse Button Control in order to scroll down multiple windows without setting the focus on a specific windows. This feature is supported in Mac but not in Windows 7. The aforementioned software is working fine except with Visual Studio (i.e. VS 2010).

I have no idea why. Any suggestions?
phil
Site Admin

Re: X-Mouse Button Control is not working with visual studio

Post by phil »

Hi, sorry, not idea why its not working with visual studio 2010 for you. It has always worked in visual studio for me since way back when I started it in VS 2002/3. However, I don't currently have VS2010 installed here but its working for me in VS2008, VS2103, 2015 and 2019. Its also working in Sql management studio which is based on 2010 (I think). I'm on Win 10 so it always possible that something has changed along the way thats broken in in Win 7 and VS but I'd be a little surprised.

Is there a particular window type that's not working, or all windows inside VS2010? The more info the better.
Is VS running as Admin or as a "normal" user?
Does it make any difference if you launch XMBC as Admin (should be needed but worth a try).
If we cant get anywhere with that, then turn on debug logging and then capture some scroll actions without VS being the active window, then send em a copy of the log.

Thanks,
Phil

PS. Why did you not fill in the posting template which asks for all this sort of information?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)