Is there documentation or a complete list of commands?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
ST3WD0
New User

Is there documentation or a complete list of commands?

Post by ST3WD0 »

XMBC is amazing & I'm thankful to Phillip & everyone who contributes.

I'm a new user & I'm struggling to find documentation for XMBC commands. I only find random commands when I stumble upon them in forum posts. So where can I find documentation with a complete listing of commands?

TIA!
phil
Site Admin

Re: Is there documentation or a complete list of commands?

Post by phil »

Other than the user manual, which is admittedly quite sparse on simulated keys (presume thats what your really talking about) then no not really. The simulated key tags are <almost> all listed in the window itself - but again, not in detail (not enough room for all of that). I guess I need a wiki or something that others can contribute to - but its all going to be quite down to personal preference. I did add a sub-section for people to chare profiles but it didn't get much attention.

In all honesty, I only use a fraction of what XMBC can do - mostly for copy paste on the side buttons (thats where it all started) and some media and volume control functions chorded on the right button. Thats about it for me!

XMBC has grown and the documentation struggles to keep up - I do try and add the main things like button chording and stuff like that, but maybe not in enough detail for some.

Specifics questions I can do my best to try and answer, but I'm not so sure its quite so easy to go into detail on every function available!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)