[HowTo] - How do you prio one button/ignore if pressed.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Flugan
New User

[HowTo] - How do you prio one button/ignore if pressed.

Post by Flugan »

XMBC Version: 2.18.7
Windows Version: W10 1809

Clear description of the problem:

Ingame I have dash - bound to AIM.
<My custom key-command>
Sim-LMB: {ACTIVATE}-
Only send if profile's active: Checked.
Block original mouse input: Unchecked.
Randomise auto repeat delay by 10%: Checked (Dont know why really, always had it checked).

In PUBG there are two different ways of aiming, one is the regular "aim down sight"(ADS) and the second one is "aimed hip-fire"(AIM). What I want is to be able to use the left mouse button(LMB) for both fire and AIM(In panic mode situation) and the right button as regular with ADS. The problem which I have occures when I ADS and try to shoot while in ADS, then it goes right into AIM and and I lose the ADS. So what I want to know is if there is any way of "Ignoring" the sim-command if the right mouse button(RMB) is pressed.
phil
Site Admin

Re: [HowTo] - How do you prio one button/ignore if pressed.

Post by phil »

I don't think this is currently possible, but can I clarify....

While you are pressing (holding) the RIGHT button, if you press the LEFT button you want it to ignore the setting and send a normal left click?
Actually this may be possible with layers and simkeys but it might get tricky/unreliable... I will have to have a play around and see. It might be more reliable to add an option in the simkey window to only send if no other button is currently pressed or something (assuming my understanding is correct?)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Flugan
New User

Post by Flugan »

phil wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:57 pm I don't think this is currently possible, but can I clarify....

While you are pressing (holding) the RIGHT button, if you press the LEFT button you want it to ignore the setting and send a normal left click?
Actually this may be possible with layers and simkeys but it might get tricky/unreliable... I will have to have a play around and see. It might be more reliable to add an option in the simkey window to only send if no other button is currently pressed or something (assuming my understanding is correct?)

Thanks,
Phil
Ah, I see! Yes, from what you have said you recon you have understood it correctly. Im gonna try the layer-trick and bind layer 2 to the RMB.

Im not sure how how you would do the "press if no other buttons are pressed" version.

//Flugan
Flugan
New User

Post by Flugan »

I just tried out using sim-keys to change layer and it works perfectly! Thanks for the help!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Flugan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:12 pm Ah, I see! Yes, from what you have said you recon you have understood it correctly. Im gonna try the layer-trick and bind layer 2 to the RMB.
Its a bit more complicated than that... You will need to use simulated keystrokes, and send {RMB} followed by {LAYER2} with "during" selected.
That might work but I need to try it here to be sure if its suitable or not (of course you can try it too!)
Flugan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 5:12 pm Im not sure how how you would do the "press if no other buttons are pressed" version.
//Flugan
You wouldnt right now - that will require a software change - so XMBC would check first that no buttons are pressed before seimulating the configured item - and if a button is pressed, it will ignore the configured item and let the button pass through as normal (not remapped). Not sure how "easy" that will be to do but its worth considering if the layer trick does not work.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)