Simulate touch events with POSTWM / SENDWM ?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Polisson
New User

Simulate touch events with POSTWM / SENDWM ?

Post by Polisson »

XMBC Version: 2.18.5

Hi guys!

Because Change Movement to Scroll with Excel sheets gives barely nothing (the usability is so poor), I was wondering to use touch event to scroll. Many recent apps (Office suites, popular Internet browsers and so on...) has some kind of touch support.

I don't know how much time I've spent on seeking the way to achieve this: middle button acts like one finger touch as long as I pressing the button.
I thought that doing it with XBMC is impossible, but today looking for some options I've encountered {POSTWM:<M>,<L>,<W>}... still wondering how to connect it with WM_TOUCH messages...

Sorry, I'm not a developer or even programmer. So if my thoughts are ridiculous :roll: , please give me some hints to work around it.
Greetings.
Polisson
phil
Site Admin

Re: Simulate touch events with POSTWM / SENDWM ?

Post by phil »

I don't know anything about WM_TOUCH but a quick look on MSDN it seems it is sent by Windows to a window but it passes a complex object (pointer to an array of TouchInput structures) that describes each touch point.

There is no way to create this array in XMBC simulated keystrokes and tell the POSTWM/SENDWM to use it 0 its just not practical. The POSTWM and SENDWM have been added to allow access to simple messages - anything that passes pointers to objects is not going to be possible.
AutoHotkey may give you more options as you can perhaps do a lot more in its scripting engine.

It may be possible to add this into XMBC (not using POSTWM/SENDWM) but maybe by sending touch messages instead of scroll messages (for use with change movement to scroll, or as tags in simulated keystrokes {touchup} {touchdown} etc.) - but I would have to study the touch APIs and see whats possible before I would know how best it could be done (if it can be down at all).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)