Command question!

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
wan2940
New User

Command question!

Post by wan2940 »

I've set up a simulation key on the wheel down.
However, I want to apply it only once even if I roll several times in a few seconds. What should I do with this command?

:)
phil
Site Admin

Re: Command question!

Post by phil »

Tricky, the wheel does not behave like a button (with a down and up message) but just has a single scroll message for each "notch" scrolled.
There is an option on the profile options tab, "Ignore remapped repeated vertical scroll message" or something like that. Turn that on and set the time accordingly...

But if you set it too high, it may not execute the mapped command until the time expires.. There is currently no way to prevent the mapping repeating other than via this timer.

If thats not enough, depending very much on what you are mapping to, you could maybe use simulated keystrokes and send your keys.commands and then make use if the layers, and switch to another layer where the wheel is disabled, and have that layer switch back to default (layer 1) after another time period - but thats not really dealing with the issue, just another workaround. It really depends what your trying to achieve.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Parmon
New User

Post by Parmon »

I had no idea you could switch between layers like that. Can you do that indefinitely or however many times you want, Phil?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Urm, you can set a timer up on the layer you switch to so it switches back after a time. That will happen every time you switch to that layer..
I'm not sure if that answers your question, I guess its indefinably.

NOTE: To switch layers using simulated keystrokes you can use {LAYER:x} if you do that on layer 1, and set the sim keys to "not block" the source button (wheel) then the wheel will work for "one" notch/scroll and then switch to layer x (e.g. 2) where the wheel can be disabled so it will scroll no more until layer 1 is reactivated (manually or by revering to layer 1 on a timer).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)