"Button Held" doesn't block original output.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
fizban
New User

"Button Held" doesn't block original output.

Post by fizban »

XMBC Version: 2.18.5
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 1809
Mouse Information (brand/model): Zowie FK2
Computer Information: i7 4790k, gtx 1070, 16gb ram
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC?: no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade?: no
How long have you used XMBC?: about a year
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English

Clear description of the problem: If I set button 5 on my mouse to "Button Held", and then map the keys so that it should only click button 5 if I hold it down for a period of time, it unexpectedly sends button 5 commands as well as the button I mapped whenever I click it. For whatever reason the program can not block button 5 which makes the "Button Held" function useless. I was running the program as admin.
phil
Site Admin

Re: "Button Held" doesn't block original output.

Post by phil »

Hi, does this only happen with button 5 (I suspect not but would like confirmation).
Can you turn in debug logging and capture some debug that may help point me in the right direction?

EDIT: And a copy of your profile if possible so I can test it here and see if its reproducible (which will make it much easier to track down and fix).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
fizban
New User

Post by fizban »

Hey, I can confirm that it doesn't block other mouse buttons either. For example if I set the mouse 4 button to left button and then have it set to do a left click after 1000ms it just does left clicks like normal. I'll also attach my profile, but I'm not familiar with how to do debug logging. Actually I can't for the life of me find any sort of option to attach a file to this message so I guess I can't give you my profile.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, I'll try and reproduce it here and see whats going on.
EDIT: Seems to be working here - so even more important to get a copy of your profile and some debug log which might point me to the problem...

Debug logging... On the updates & logging tab in settings, simply turn it on. Then OK/Apply that change.
Then go click the button and reproduce the problem, and send me the log file (via attachment, PM or email).

NOTE: By default, new users need 5 posts before the add attachment option is available here - PM does not limit attachments. I have removed this restriction from your account (its only there to stop spammers).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)