Debounce tilt wheel function maybe not working

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
dinu

Debounce tilt wheel function maybe not working

Post by dinu »

XMBC Version: 2.18.5
Windows Version: 10 x64
Mouse Information (brand/model): SteelSeries Rival 500

Clear description of the problem:
Following https://forums.highrez.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4040 :
My mouse has a factory behavior - completely buggy, in my opinion, but who am I to judge - only for the wheel tilt buttons, when pressed it repeats them like crazy. It does have a mode to set a repeat delay, but guess what - it is also buggy. So I tried the "debounce tilt wheel" in advanced settings - but it doesn't seem to work. My binding for the button is {ACTIVATE}{CTRL}{TAB}, tilt debounce is activated with 500ms/300ms default setting but when I tilt the wheel, the tabs fly around like crazy. Is it broken? Am I doing something wrong?
phil
Site Admin

Re: Debounce tilt wheel function maybe not working

Post by phil »

The de-bounce was a bit of a stab in the dark and its unreliable with tilt messages (which is a single repeated "tilt" message, not like a normal button with a separate "pressed down" and "released up" message sent).

You might/will be better off using the option on the profile "Options" tab called "Ignore repeated remapped horizontal scroll" and the milliseconds in there. What that will do is emulate a button DOWN and UP message based (i.e. ignore the repeated tilt messages until the timer runs out after the last tilt message. Much more reliable than the de-bounce setting (turn that de-bounce setting off!)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
dinu

Post by dinu »

Excellent! Setting that to just 100ms seems to fix the mouse bug which is an avalanche of initial tilts and it still allows me to click as fast as I can without skipping.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Great, thanks for letting me know!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)