I cannot tie to buttons 4 and 5 of the Ctrl C and Ctrl V command

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
VsOK
New User

I cannot tie to buttons 4 and 5 of the Ctrl C and Ctrl V command

Post by VsOK »

XMBC Version: - 2.18.4
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Mouse Information (brand/model): Rapoo MT750S
Computer Information: ACPI x64-based PC, Mobile QuadCore AMD Kaveri, 3700 MHz (37 x 100)
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC?: no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade?: no
How long have you used XMBC?: 4 day
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: en,ru

Clear description of the problem: I cannot tie to buttons 4 and 5 of the Ctrl C and Ctrl V command. All other commands become attached to all buttons, and these commands in general to any buttons do not become attached.
phil
Site Admin

Re: I cannot tie to buttons 4 and 5 of the Ctrl C and Ctrl V command

Post by phil »

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you are saying...
Are you saying the copy and paste actions do not work but all other actions do work?

It may be related to your keyboard language but thats a complete guess.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
VsOK
New User

Post by VsOK »

If there is a program from Rapoo, then by means of the XMBC program all buttons except copy and paste work

If I delete this program from Rapoo, then XMBC does not bind any buttons. XMBC in this case in general ceases to work.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Sorry again, I'm afraid I don't understand. What is program from Rapoo you talk about? What is Rapoo?

EDIT: Ahhh.. Rapoo is the mouse manufacturer...
So this program from Rapoo came with the mouse? What does it do? And when it is running XMBC works but without copy and paste... When it is not running XMBC does not work at all?

What mouse driver is installed? And have you tried removing it and using the generic HID device driver?
--[ Phil ]--
VsOK
New User

Post by VsOK »

Some problem in the computer. Earned on other computer normally. I will try to change drivers.
VsOK
New User

Post by VsOK »

Deleted all programs from the vendor of a mouse of Rapoo. The driver tried to put and delete from Rapoo. XMBC in general does not work. There was a program for Oscar Editor mouse (X7 mouse) thought that there can be it intercepts but deleted it and all the same does not work. Some problem with drivers probably. And where to take generic HID device driver?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

To check/change the driver, open up device manager, find the mouse open the properties and select the driver tab.
If its not the HID-Complaint mouse driver, select update driver -> browse my computer -> let me pick from a list of available drivers -> and you should now see a list of compatible drivers, of which "HID Compliant mouse" should be on that list. Select it and click next and let windows do its thing. If that does not work, you may have to uninstall the current driver (then the mouse may not work until you get another driver installed).

If you have another (different) mouse, you might be able to try that too.
--[ Phil ]--
VsOK
New User

Post by VsOK »

Changed drivers. In the Crome browser began to work. Only in Crome. But later ceased through small time. Did nothing. Again does not work.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK I'm sorry but I can't think of much else to suggest. Your problem is not clear and is not something anyone else has ever reported - so I'm at a bit of a loss now!

What is you hook timeout set to (advanced settings) if it is lower than say 500ms try increasing it to 1 second (1000ms) apply and reboot for the change to be made. If that makes no difference, are there any messages in the log? And if not, then can you enable debug logging, then capture some log for a minute or so, then send me a copy the log (by PM or EMail). It may also be useful for you to sent me a copy of your profile (just in-case there is something wrong with that), but I doubt either of these things will help - it if XMBC is not even seeing the messages (do the combo boxes on the XMBC setup screen still flash orange when you press the buttons?).
--[ Phil ]--
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

Only Copy/Paste Functions or include simulated keys?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi, it includes simulated keys. I suspect its a keyboard layout issue - the log seems to suggest that it is failing to map the keys to key codes, and that must be keyboard layout related - but I struggle in this area having only got English stuff here (and not a lot of knowledge on internationalized settings) - perhaps because the language is different. I need to study it - but maybe you have some experience of this?
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Little update...

The problem is that XMBC is unable to convert 'c' to a code for your keyboard because 'c' does not exist (on your keyboard). If you use simulated keys and do {ctrl}? (for copy) and {ctrl}? (for paste) it should work too (so long as you type the sequence in to the simkey window using your keyboard - pasting from here may not work (the {ctrl}) bit can be pasted, but maybe not the c or ? character.

This also works (using simulated keystrokes)...
Copy: {ctrl}{sc:46}
Paste: {ctrl}{sc:47}
This uses scan codes (physical codes generated by the keyboard) so is language/layout independent.

This also works (using simulated keystrokes)...
Copy: {ctrl}{vkc:67}
Paste: {ctrl}{vkc:86}
This uses virtual key codes (virtual codes generated by the keyboard dependent on layout/language).

I haven't yet figured out how to make this work generically in all cases. For these commands, maybe I can set the copy/paste drop-downs (and all others that send keys) to send the actual scancodes (46/47) - but I fear that may not work for other keyboard types (Dvorak etc.).

If you want to send other keys - and it does not work, try finding the scan code for the key and using that in the {sc:<code>} tag.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I will change all the dropdown options that send keys to send the virtual key code rather than the US-ASCII letter (so vkc 67 instead of 'c').
This will avoid any layout translation that fails if the key is not on your keyboard.

So the dropdown options (like Copy, Paste etc.) should work for all keyboards, all languages - I hope!
--[ Phil ]--