Mouse momentarily locks up on repeatedly hitting macro key

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Mouse momentarily locks up on repeatedly hitting macro key

Post by phil »

Hi, the hook timeout was never the cause of this one (although I initially thought that may have been the case). In the case in 2019, it was an error in the code, that was fixed a long time ago (before 2.19.2 came along). So I'd be a little surprised if this is exactly the same problem - but it could be related or a different cause of the same problem. XMBC hasn't had a public release in 18+ months so I'm not sure what the problem is but it certainly wont be the result of a recent XMBC update - cant rule out windows updates though (although I suspect more people would have the problem if it was introduced by a new windows update!)

Can you confirm that the mouse (and keyboard) is locked out while this event happens as was the case in the OP's issue?

Debug logging is going to be much more useful here than non-debug logging, so best turn that on in settings (logging & updates tab) before doing any more investigation - and perhaps provide an example of this happening with debug logging enabled, as before, please try and provide as precise times as possible to assist in finding the problem in the log file (debug logging is very verbose!)

I warn you now though that I have very little time to devote to XMBC these days (one reason I have failed to update it in over a year). I do have some fixes already implemented, but haven't found any time to get them out for public testing yet. If there is still a problem in this area, it would certainly be good to get it figured out before any new release, but I cant make any promises at the moment!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
jeffbs
New User

Post by jeffbs »

Thanks for the reply and taking the little time you have coming here.

The mouse is locked out for a brief moment just like the OP, but i guess is just when the macro uses the mouse, when the program crashes with a macro that just repeatedly press "1" for example, the mouse keeps working. But I don't think i got the keyboard freeze.

About the debug logging, the quote i posted was the entire file haha (i don't know if it's supposed to works this way, but when i activate debug logging and restart the program, it's deactivated :| ), now it is much longer since i tried the macros again, so i will send it again.

pastebin.com/eU6c0wSb

Thanks in advance
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yes debug logging stops itself when you restart XMBC - that is intentional as its so verbose (it quickly fills up and slows things down at the same time!).
I'll try and take a look soon to see if there is anything obvious in there.

I didn't realize XMBC was crashing - what exactly do you mean by crashing though? Does the XMBC process just disappear, or are you talking about the little lockups?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
jeffbs
New User

Post by jeffbs »

Sorry, i said crash because the program doesn't function anymore after this bug, i have to close and open it again, but the interface keeps working just fine.