Volume control with RDP

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
domel
New User

Volume control with RDP

Post by domel »

XMBC Version: 2.8.13
Windows Version: 7 SP1
Mouse Information (brand/model): Trust 21722
Computer Information: i5
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC?: n/a
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade?: n/a
How long have you used XMBC?: a month
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: PL

Clear description of the problem:

Hello, and thanks for XMBC :) great piece of software. Previously I've been using Logitech mouse with their own software for additional buttons control, which is inferior to XMBC but had one important feature XMBC is missing (or I'm missing something :) ). I have mapped vol+/- and mute to additional buttons of my new mouse and it works great locally. But when I RDP to a remote machine, I can't control local volume anymore, but the remote one instead. Logitech software was able to override that.

Could anything be done to change this behaviour in XMBC?

Many thanks!
phil
Site Admin

Re: Volume control with RDP

Post by phil »

How have you set the buttons up? Using the Media: Volume Up/Down or using simulated keys? I think XMBC just sends the virtual key codes for the media keys (not present on many keyboard but on multimedia keyboards). that would probably explain why they pass through to the RDP session as they are just keys.

You could try simulated keystrokes {VOL+} {VOL-} as I seem to recall that behaving differently - but Im not sure. If not, then it will be a code change to manipulate the volume using different APIs and not keystrokes.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)