mouse buttons inversion and problematic game

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Skarbor
New User

mouse buttons inversion and problematic game

Post by Skarbor »

XMBC Version: 2.18
Windows Version: 10, 1803
Mouse Information (brand/model): Tracer Scorpion
Computer Information: laptop
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC or Windows?: no
How long have you used XMBC?: 1 day
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: qwerty

Clear description of the problem: I can switch LMB and RMB with Windows settings, but that game: http_://www_.4players._de/4players.php/download_info/Downloads/Download/6238/
somehow overrides new options. Same with XMBC, I can swap buttons (application profile, layer 1, right click for left button, left click for right button), but they retain their old functions too: instead of movement or attack both actions are being invoked together.
phil
Site Admin

Re: mouse buttons inversion and problematic game

Post by phil »

I suspect the game is using raw (or direct) input. If thats the case, there is nothing that can be done at the level XMBC works at. The best you can do is define a profile for that game that leaves everything as "no change (don't intercept)" so XMBC does not inject anything for the buttons it detects using raw/direct input. Then change the button behavior in game (making an assumption that is possible!)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Skarbor
New User

Re: mouse buttons inversion and problematic game

Post by Skarbor »

I can change keyboard key bindings within game options, but not mouse buttons function (such option is not available, that's why I'm looking for external apps).