Can I simulate a key e.g. {UP} when I pressed right mouse button (not released) and wheel up?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
jack6th
New User

Can I simulate a key e.g. {UP} when I pressed right mouse button (not released) and wheel up?

Post by jack6th »

XMBC Version: 2.18.1
Clear description of the problem: Can I simulate a key e.g. {UP} when I pressed right mouse button (not released) and wheel up?
markfilipak
New User

Re: Can I simulate a key e.g. {UP} when I pressed right mouse button (not released) and wheel up?

Post by markfilipak »

jack6th wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:28 am XMBC Version: 2.18.1
Clear description of the problem: Can I simulate a key e.g. {UP} when I pressed right mouse button (not released) and wheel up?
May I ask for clarification?

Since wheel-up already scrolls up (...am I right?), then you appear to be asking whether the normal scrolling function can be overcome so that wheel-up moves the cursor instead...

If that is correct, may I suggest you try right-mouse click-&-release to switch to a new layer. In that new layer, the wheel is reported as cursor movement instead of scrolling. When done, right-mouse click-&-release switches back to the original layer.

Now, I haven't tried that, and in fact, I haven't successfully used XMBC yet -- I'm new -- but I think it might work. Try it.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Can I simulate a key e.g. {UP} when I pressed right mouse button (not released) and wheel up?

Post by phil »

I think Jack6th means he wants to send the UP key when holding the right mouse button and scrolling the wheel up?

If so, then yes you can do this with "Button Chording".
Button Chording allows you to define different actions to buttons/wheel while a button is held down so in effect two buttons at a time (hence the chord).

Set the right button to "Button Chording" then in the chording config window, set the wheel up to "Simulated keystrokes" and enther {UP} in the simkey sequence.

NOTE: To avoid problems with the normal right mouse button functions, I recommend ticking the three tick boxes in the button chording config window:
"Block / Delay orriginal button action until chord is established"
"Unblock after" (750ms)
"Unblock when the mouse moves"
These options are probably checked by default but its worth checking!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)