XMBC can't recognize horizontal scroll of my mouse

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
ZJUzkm
New User

XMBC can't recognize horizontal scroll of my mouse

Post by ZJUzkm »

XMBC Version: 2.18
Windows Version: x64
Mouse Information (brand/model): tapoo t8 with offical driver.a touch mouse support 4 direction scroll and many other gestures
Computer Information: 1700+amd 280x
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC or Windows?:
How long have you used XMBC?: one day
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English US(QWERTY)

Clear description of the problem:horizontal scroll of my mouse can be recognized by adobe and chrome ,MS office,but not by XMBC ,txt, libreoffice, visual stadio Code
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC can't recognize horizontal scroll of my mouse

Post by phil »

Hi,

My guess would be that the mouse driver is doing things differently. If the tilt options don highlight in XMBC then the "normal" tilt messages are not being sent. The driver is probably doing things differently, and that's probably why so many applications don't see it.

What version of windows? x64 what? 10?

Are there any configuration options in the mouse driver for horizontal (tilt) scrolling? For example, many Logitech devices by default don't work either, but the Logitech software allows you to change button behavior and doing so can restore the basic behavior which Windows recognizes as tilt messages and then things start to work!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
ZJUzkm
New User

Post by ZJUzkm »

phil wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:19 am Hi,

My guess would be that the mouse driver is doing things differently. If the tilt options don highlight in XMBC then the "normal" tilt messages are not being sent. The driver is probably doing things differently, and that's probably why so many applications don't see it.

What version of windows? x64 what? 10?

Are there any configuration options in the mouse driver for horizontal (tilt) scrolling? For example, many Logitech devices by default don't work either, but the Logitech software allows you to change button behavior and doing so can restore the basic behavior which Windows recognizes as tilt messages and then things start to work!

Thanks,
Phil
dont highlight.yes, win10 1803.without offical diver of T8 horizontal scrolling can turn to Chams bar.after installing and set horizontal scrolling to scroll right,in some applications it can work properly(chrome,adobe,MS office word excel),but in some apps can't work.
a after sale servicer tell me the diver is propose for win8
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, I'm afraid the driver is clearly doing something different than the standard Windows tilt messages used to scroll in most applications. It must be sending different messages (probably a HSCROLL message or something) which XMBC will not see, and will not work in some other windows.

And without the driver, its doing something completely different.

Basically I think that means you are out of luck, XMBC will not be able to help here.
EDIT: I don't think it will make any difference between Win 8 and Win 10 in this regard.
--[ Phil ]--
markfilipak
New User

Post by markfilipak »

@Phil.

I'm totally new here, and I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I do want to contribute...

What if ZJUzkm uninstalled the custom mouse driver and installed the generic mouse driver. Considering the power of XMBC, the result might be what ZJUzkm wants without losing too much functionality (or even, no loss).

...just a thought.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

A good thought, but because its a touchpad (I think) then I suspect it will fail to work at all without a driver.
Its worth a try though!
--[ Phil ]--