"Repeatedly while the button is down" sends a key press once the button is released

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
nalo
New User

"Repeatedly while the button is down" sends a key press once the button is released

Post by nalo »

XMBC Version: v2.18
Windows Version: Windows 10, 64bit 1803
Mouse Information (brand/model): Zowie EC2-B
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC or Windows?: Yes. When updating to 2.18
Clear description of the problem: I have the side buttons on my mouse mapped to Page up and Page down since I like browsing the web that way. I would like to have them act the exact same way as they do on a keyboard (activated when pressed down, and repeated when held for a bit) and to do that I use the "Repeatedly while the button is down" option. However after updating to v2.18 this now sends an extra keypress once the button is released as well, effectively making it useless for my needs since every press of the button will result in at least two page down/up presses.

Is there a way to correctly emulate the behavior of the page up/down keys on the keyboard without it behaving strangely? Unfortunately SharpKeys doesn't detect mouse button inputs otherwise I would've used that.
Thanks in advance!
phil
Site Admin

Re: "Repeatedly while the button is down" sends a key press once the button is released

Post by phil »

Hi,

Yes this is a known bug in 2.18... It was reported about 4 days ago https://forums.highrez.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4006 (Im surprised you didn't find it in the search but sometimes the keywords are not quite as you would expect!

There is a workaround in the link above, but you might want to wait a few days as I have already fixed the bug (so the workaround - while will continue to function, wont be required and wont complicate your simkey sequence).

I am waiting a few days more to make sure there are no other big bugs in 2.18 that must be fixed (there have been about 5 minor issues and this on (major issue) so far that have crept in, been fixed and are waiting for the release or 2.18.1). Once I am happy, I will release 2.18.1 (probably by or during the weekend)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)