Reducing Mouse Wheel Sensitivity!!!

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
dunbargomes
New User

Reducing Mouse Wheel Sensitivity!!!

Post by dunbargomes »

I have a model railway which is run from software on my pc and would like to use the mouse wheel as a throttle.

The software uses the keyboard command + to increase speed and - to reduce, so it's easy to map those to the mouse wheel.

What is the best way please to reduce the sensitivity of just the mouse wheel so that speed changes do not occur too quickly?

I have tried using the "Ignore repeated remapped scroll" function and that helps somewhat.

Is it possible to configure X-Mouse so that it ignores (discards) every other impulse generated by the wheel so as to reduce sensitivity? Or maybe only reacts to every third or fourth impulse etc...

Thanks for your advice :-)
phil
Site Admin

Re: Reducing Mouse Wheel Sensitivity!!!

Post by phil »

Hi,

I'm afraid that is not currently possible. Each wheel "notch" will generate a message (notch-less wheels that spin quickly will generate a lot more!) and currently there is no way to ignore messages or only to respond to one in x messages. It might be something I can add in the future but its not possible right now.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Killy
Dedicated

Re: Reducing Mouse Wheel Sensitivity!!!

Post by Killy »

Touchpad on my laptop emulates free-spinning wheel, generating a lot of events too.

This issue has a lot in common with the scroll emulation issue and my proposal.
Part of the implementation of the proposal can most likely be reused for physical scroll behavior override. (I think I'll experiment with this and update my demo in a few days.)