A way to stop SimKeys sequence at certain moment...

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

A way to stop SimKeys sequence at certain moment...

Post by injtsvetkov »

Hello Phil,

What I'm trying to do is set a sequence of 8 words in SimKeys and after each word it selects it and deletes it and then enters the next one. The idea is when it enters the desired word to stop the sequence. I couldn't find a way to do that, even changing the layer doesn't stop the sequence. Is there any way to do this and if there isn't could you consider adding an option to "Stop the sequence when LMB is pressed" or maybe chose which button to press for stopping the sequence?

Thank you!
Iliya
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
phil
Site Admin

Re: A way to stop SimKeys sequence at certain moment...

Post by phil »

Hi, I don't think its possible at the moment. Simulated keystrokes run in a separate thread, so it may be possible to stop one sequence by starting a new sequence (not sure what would happen if you set an empty sequence to another button - it may just do it).

But really this sounds a bit too advanced for the current concept of simulated keys. It almost deserves another option (or another program with much more scripatability - like autohotkey :))
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)