Bind "Key combination + Movement" to Mouse wheel

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
miQlo

Bind "Key combination + Movement" to Mouse wheel

Post by miQlo »

XMBC Version: 2.18 Beta 13
Windows Version: Win 10 1809 64bit
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech MX Master (generic drivers)
How long have you used XMBC?: >5 years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: SWE

I was wondering if I could get some help figuring this out, I've been struggling with this for years.
I would like to zoom with the scroll wheel in Adobe Illustrator. There are two types of zoom that I know of.

1. Incremental Zoom
Illustrator Shortcut:
Zoom In: ALT+MWUP OR CTRL++
Zoom Out: ALT+MWDN OR CTRL+-

XMBC Simulated Keys:
Zoom In: {ALT}{MWUP} OR {CTRL}{NUM+}
Zoom Out: {ALT}{MWDN} OR {CTRL}{NUM-}

The above is the method I'm using currently. There are however issues with this method in combination with my mouse (MX Master). When spinning the wheel, it sometimes shifts between simulated keys and the default behavior which is page scroll. So when I zoom, the document will also occasionally scroll. I think it's related to this issue. https://forums.highrez.co.uk/viewtopic. ... roll#p9155
I've tried what's suggested in that thread without any luck.

However.
What I preferably would like to use is "Animated Zoom" which has much better performance with GPU acceleration and a smooth transition.
I'm not able to set it up with XMBC though. I believe this requires chording? which isn't available for the mouse wheel.

2. Animated Zoom
Illustrator Shortcut:
Zoom In: CTRL+Spacebar+LMB+drag right
Zoom Out: CTRL+Spacebar+LMB+drag left

So what I would like is Wheel Up/Down to {CTRL}{SPACE}{LMB} plus simulate a mouse movement. I've tried {CTRL}{SPACE}{LMB}{MADD:100,0} without success. I'm guessing {MADD} is only repositioning the cursor and doesn't simulate an actual mouse movement?

Is it possible to do what I want with XMBC?
phil
Site Admin

Re: Bind "Key combination + Movement" to Mouse wheel

Post by phil »

Hi Its not currently possible to do this with XMBC.
The problem with the wheel (scroll or tilt) is that it does not send down/up messages like a button but instead repeats the message every few milliseconds while the button is held (or for each wheel 'notch' when scrolling up/down).

This is why the wheel can not be used with cording, its does not behave like a button so cant be held down. There are a few tricks in XMBC to make tilt work more like a button, but I don't think it is reliable enough to allow chording on the tilt unfortunately.

You are also correct in saying MXADD simply moves the cursor, it down not simulate mouse movement (which change movement to scroll does).

I'm struggling to think of a simple (or even complex) way to achieve this right now.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)