Temporary fix to recognize more buttons in Xmouse

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
nabkawe
New User

Temporary fix to recognize more buttons in Xmouse

Post by nabkawe »

Hello there, I use XMouse as a tool to bring a very crappy POS system to life, Instead of using the awful touch screen or the terrible shortcuts offered I just use my G602 mouse as a beast shortcut machine, I save hours of little inconveniences each week by using this amazing application.
XMouse wouldn't recognize more than two side buttons, I needed some creativity to use an extra two buttons.
First I installed the Logitech gaming mouse app, I used the Mouse memory option because once its programmed it'll save the setting without needing the heavy app to run all the time.
I programmed the first two buttons Forward and Back (Button 4 and Button 5 in XMouse)
Then I programmed two more buttons to Scroll right and Scroll left I quit Logitech gaming mouse and went back to the XMouse application and it worked like a charm
I programmed those with another set of simulated keystrokes that I really needed.
(You'll lose commands like Button held and Chording, but it'll still be as huge addition as button chording in other buttons will still be able to use the extra buttons too, I can't tell you how much this app have improved my day to day job.

Thank you.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Temporary fix to recognize more buttons in Xmouse

Post by phil »

Thanks for the info, yes if you have a Logitech mouse that stores its settings in mouse (device) memory then this is possible (my G9 is similar but it only has 5 buttons anyway - I did have to "program" 4 and 5 to be the default windows back/forward) and the scroll (tilt) to be scroll left/right).

Most multi-button mice don't offer this hardware programming ability though so most people will still be out of luck!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
henkdetrollgeest
New User

Post by henkdetrollgeest »

Is it possible to map more than the standard 5 buttons + the tilt wheels on a mouse with the app? will the software be updated in the future to support more mouse buttons?

with kind regards,

Henkdetrollgeest
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

No it is not - please read the FAQ!.
If Microsoft updates Window's mouse hook API's to support more buttons then XMBC will be able do so - as they havnt for many many years, don't count on it! Maybe I'll find another way to do it but don't count on that either.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)