Hold + key every second

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Zalto
New User

Hold + key every second

Post by Zalto »

XMBC Version: 2.17
Windows Version: 10

Clear description of the problem:

Hei have tried to find a solution for this and tried alot of different ways but cant seem to get it working

Gonna try and say this easily i want to hold 1&2 and have 3 clicked around every second(will have to adjust timing) but im having trouble getting 12 to be held at all times is it possible to have 1&2 on say mouse button 4 on during and have button 4 activate simulated keystrokes on say button 5? or even better have this all on 1 key, this would help me ALOT at work since ive got a disease that is slowly punishing me and want to stay working as long as possible
DigrarHab
New User

Hold key every second

Post by DigrarHab »

Does anyone have any idea ohow to make this, detect if buttun is hold down or just pressedclicked? Ive tried with different approaches but no luck time between key presses, counting etc. Is it even possible to do it in Reaper because gfx.getchar constantly detects is as 0-something its never stable number
phil
Site Admin

Re: Hold key every second

Post by phil »

DigrarHab wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:20 pm Does anyone have any idea ohow to make this, detect if buttun is hold down or just pressedclicked? Ive tried with different approaches but no luck time between key presses, counting etc. Is it even possible to do it in Reaper because gfx.getchar constantly detects is as 0-something its never stable number
I think you might be in the wrong place. What is reaper? what is gfx.getchar and what has this got to do with XMBC?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Re: Hold + key every second

Post by phil »

Zalto wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:29 am XMBC Version: 2.17
Windows Version: 10

Clear description of the problem:

Hei have tried to find a solution for this and tried alot of different ways but cant seem to get it working

Gonna try and say this easily i want to hold 1&2 and have 3 clicked around every second(will have to adjust timing) but im having trouble getting 12 to be held at all times is it possible to have 1&2 on say mouse button 4 on during and have button 4 activate simulated keystrokes on say button 5? or even better have this all on 1 key, this would help me ALOT at work since ive got a disease that is slowly punishing me and want to stay working as long as possible
Sorry for the delay in replying, I must have missed this one.
Its probably not possible todo this in XMBC as it stands. You can only have one simkey sequence run at a time.
The best bet (using 2.18 beta) may be to use the new {PRESS} {RELEASE} and {REPEAT} tags...

Maybe:
{PRESS}1{PRESS}2{REPEAT}3{RELEASE}2{RELEASE}1

That *should* press and hold 1 and 2, then repeat 3 while the button is held down, then release 2 and 1 when the button is released.
These are new simkey tags in 2.18 Beta so it wont work in 2.17.
2.18 should be out shortly, or grab the beta from the 2.18 beta topic in this forum.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)