Program Button Commands for Autodesk Revit

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
mjbelair
New User

Program Button Commands for Autodesk Revit

Post by mjbelair »

XMBC Version: 2.17
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro
Mouse Information (brand/model): ONN Wireless 5-key Mouse and Keyboard (Cheap Walmart Crap)
Computer Information: Lenovo ThinkPad P40 Yoga. Product number: 20GQCTO1WW
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC or Windows?: N/A
How long have you used XMBC?: About an hour and a half lol
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English QWERTY

Clear description of the problem: I am currently in college studying Computer Aided Design Drafting. I have a good deal of knowledge about computers, but not enough that I can trust myself to start messing with system settings that I don't fully understand (I'm also short on time).
To sum things up, I work with a software called Autodesk Revit. It is a parametric modeling software tailored for architecture and construction. (I'm not exactly sure how to describe this next part so please bear with me) Autodesk programs run using windows capabilities; meaning CTRL+C is copy, CTRL+V is paste and so on and so on.
I am looking for some help in programming my 4th and 5th mouse buttons to operate some specific commands within the Revit software. If anybody has any knowledge or experience in this field I would greatly appreciate some advice on this topic. Additionally, if anyone works with this software and has any other knowledge that they would like to share, I would appreciate a mentor, as I am transitioning into my career very soon.
Thank you to anybody out there who can help me out!
phil
Site Admin

Re: Program Button Commands for Autodesk Revit

Post by phil »

Hi, I cant help out specifically with this particular software, but in general in XMBC you can use simulated keystrokes to send the keys sequences that you want. There are other users of Autodesk type software here and they may be better placed to help you out specifically.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)