more than one window

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Yekun
New User

more than one window

Post by Yekun »

I play a game called Lineage2 and use x-mouse normally. The game runs in window, and I keep 4 or 5 windows of this game open at the same time, but the x-mou runs in only one window at a time. Is there any configuration that allows me to run the x-mouse with different commands and simultaneously in each separate and minimized "vitual mouse" window of my game? If not, is it possible to add this in new versions? thanks allot
phil
Site Admin

Re: more than one window

Post by phil »

Sorry, I don't really understand the questions.

I presume you are talking about sending actions.keystrokes to the game window? In terms of simulated keystrokes, XMBC works with the active window - the one that has keyboard focus. That is because when sending simulated keys, they are stuffed into the keyboard input buffer - so they go to whatever window has keyboard focus. XMBC cant do anything about that, other than changing focus by activating the window under the cursor (which you can do by adding a {LMB} ot {ACTIVATE} tag before your keys.

So no, there is not a lot that I can do in this area in future versions that is not already available. But you might get some mileage with the {activate} tags to activate the window so that it has keyboard focus before sending any actions???

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Yekun
New User

Post by Yekun »

Thanks for your response.
I need commands in the open window (today it works normally) and also in the minimized window simultaneously even if it is necessary, perhaps, to open two x-mouse, or emulate some "virtual mouse".
I will wait for new versions, thanks
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I'm sorry to disappoint but that is not possible. You can wait for new versions for as long as you want, but I simply cant do it so no new version will be able to do it.

XMBC uses Micrsoft's SendInput API to send keystrokes etc. This API stuffs data into the Windows keyboard buffer. Windows then distributes that buffer TO THE ACTIVE window ONLY. If you had two xmbc open (even if that were possible which is isn't as XMBC is global anyway) it wouldn't matter, because they still would both only be able to send input to the same buffer in Windows. Windows does not allow you to send simulated input to anything BUT the active window using Microsoft's SendInput API (which is the only reliable way of sending input).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)