feature question: auto click

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
mikeantonacci
New User

feature question: auto click

Post by mikeantonacci »

I do not currently have XMBC, before I get it I'm looking to see if it has a feature I want. That feature is automatically clicking the mouse button after I hover over a clickable spot for a specified period of time (such as one second). that one feature is the determining factor for me, I have hand pain wherever I use my hands, including clicking. The ability to click without actually pressing a button is vital for me.

I currently have Evoluent vertical mouse, and the driver with it the ability to set up auto click the way I'm describing. However, I'm considering switching to a different mouse, but most mice I've looked at do not have a driver as customizable as Evoluent. XMBC looks like it has even a higher level of customization (vs the Evoluent driver), so that will solve the problem of customizing the buttons the way I want, but doesn't solve the problem of auto click, which I need. Based on screenshots and FAQs, I can't tell if XMBC lets me do what I want.

(searching the forums, I couldn't find an answer, all I see is how to set up repeated clicks pressing a button, mostly for gaming. This is not what I'm looking for)

so, my question to you is: can XMBC create auto click the way I'm describing?
phil
Site Admin

Re: feature question: auto click

Post by phil »

Hi,

XMBC Can't do that at the moment but it may be something I could add... how do you/would you define the area to click? Based on a fixed rectangle? Based on the window under the hovering cursor?

Let me know in detail and I will see what I can do (I can't promise time scales though as XMBC is not my top priority in life!!)

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)