Anyone else have success using X Mouse Button Control for mouse bindings?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
jameskapoor
New User

Anyone else have success using X Mouse Button Control for mouse bindings?

Post by jameskapoor »

so i have been using it on warframe to do some modest macros,just once switch alt and primary fire at will
and one that can change charge weapons from hold to toggle
unfortunately ,upon using this it seems that warframe in its godly power can supercode XMBC and intercept the clicks before the program does rendering it almost useless? the other thing i can only do turn otherwise useless buttons into functional ones like i can make the middle mouse function same as leftmouse while navigating menus . Does anyone know how to fix this?
jameskapoor
New User

Re: Anyone else have success using X Mouse Button Control for mouse bindings?

Post by jameskapoor »

please give me an update about this asap
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Sorry, if the game is detecting and blocking XMBC then there is really not a lot I can do.
Many games (esp. online games) do this to prevent cheating - for good reason really. Unfortunately this causes some problems with people who want to use XMBC generally to assist in their use of a computer but its up the the game developers to make that decision. There is not a lot that can be done in software to get around these anti-cheat engines.

Also many games use a lower level input and can see the buttons before XMBC does (XMBC uses windows Mouse hooks to intercept the buttons). If that is the case, you may find that the game simply ignores XMBC or in some cases, the original action happens and the XMBC remapped action. Again, there is not a lot I can do to change that behavior - mouse hooks is the lowest level I can get to from user code where things can be intercepted and blocked.

The only other option would the to write some sort of filter driver - and that's not where my skills lay I'm afraid.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
jameskapoor
New User

Post by jameskapoor »

okay i understand thankyou for the reply