BUG: Conemu/cmder (in)compatibility issue

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
CollinChaffin
New User

BUG: Conemu/cmder (in)compatibility issue

Post by CollinChaffin »

XMBC Version: 2.18beta11
Windows Version: Win7x64
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech
Computer Information: Acer laptop/Various
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC or Windows?: No
How long have you used XMBC?: Years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: US/en

Clear description of the problem:

Even with conemu's option to allow all mouse input/events, if you have any SPLIT pane consoles open with XMBC active, the bug effect is that ONLY the very first pane will scroll with the mouse wheel. Simply disabling XBMC immediately allows all available panes to scroll properly.

NOTE: This is regardless of whether conemu panes are active or background the results are the same.
CollinChaffin
New User

Re: BUG: Conemu/cmder (in)compatibility issue

Post by CollinChaffin »

As I just reported in the Conemu issues as well for others, I have identified a usable workaround:

Change the mouse message type to "#5 - WPF Scrolling Msg".

Any other mouse message type he uses (#1-4) render successful results but the WPF, when adjusted to 3 lines as shown above - shows un-noticeable difference in usability from any other window, so I could find no down-side in simply creating a new application profile in XBMC for the Conemu app and window class to simply always switch to the WPF method and it is working great!

I still wonder why this occurs and the fact that it DOES scroll one of the many panes sure seems buggy to me, but I'm sure the above workaround makes perfect sense to you.
phil
Site Admin

Re: BUG: Conemu/cmder (in)compatibility issue

Post by phil »

XMBC by default has the option "make scroll wheel scroll window under the cursor" which works 95% of the time but some applications don't like it. I already have a built in exclusion list for many programs, that effectively does what you have done with your custom profile - but does it without having to add profiles.

You can turn this option off in the general settings tab or as you have already found, by using such a workaround.

What is conemu/cmder? Is it freely available? If so I will try and find some time to have a play around and maybe add some more built in rules for it so the extra profile is not required.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)