Recommendation: profile for webpages

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Ambesek
New User

Recommendation: profile for webpages

Post by Ambesek »

First, thanks for this program. It works really well.

I don't know if I could not find or if this feature does not exists. But I would like to make profiles for webpages. I could create a profile to use with chrome, but it would be cool to have a different profile each website I use.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Recommendation: profile for webpages

Post by phil »

The closest you can get right now is to use the window title in combination with the application (eg. chrome) in the profile, The problem is, that XMBC does not detect the profile change unless the application is different - so multiple tabs in chrome for example, will not switch profiles automatically. This is because the process/window detection is relatively expensive (CPU wise) so to make XMBC use less CPU, it does not check the same window more than once, so when the tabs change, it does not detect the new title. This means that its not really feasable to do right now.

If I were to relax that check, so it checked the whole lot, every time the mouse moved, it would probably cause other performance problems so I'm not sure it will be doable. I could make it check more often but need to be careful not to check too often... this might work but may result in delayed profile changes. Not sure the best course of action yet - I'll think about it and maybe come up with a bright idea!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)