Change cursor when dragging?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
ScotProf
New User

Change cursor when dragging?

Post by ScotProf »

XMBC 2.18 beta
Windows 10
VicTsing MM057 2.4G Wireless Mouse

I am new to XMBC (I've used it for perhaps 3 weeks). I have middle-click set to activate dragging (of files / windows), and it works perfectly. However, the cursor remains unaltered when dragging is activated. From reading the user manual, I see that it's possible to change the cursor for specific "movement" functions. Would it be possible to add a setting (and .cur file) whereby the cursor would change when drag is activated (and restore to default cursor when drag is inactivated)?

I see, too, that there is a new function in the recent beta(s) - "drag window under cursor"; if the above request can be granted, perhaps that cursor also could be used when this new function is invoked?

Many thanks - best wishes.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Change cursor when dragging?

Post by phil »

I've added this to the todo list, I don't think it will be a problem, but not sure yet when I will find the time to do it.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
ScotProf
New User

Re: Change cursor when dragging?

Post by ScotProf »

Many thanks! And kudos on developing, and maintaining / improving, the software. Donation will be made soon. :cheers: