type word by click in all keyboards

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Re: type word by click in all keyboards

Post by Kukurykus »

Loll Phil, please ;) Just check pm to me from Nov 29, 2017. You will see there I was let known that it not only copies text to clipboard, but also clears clipboard when only {cb} is used. So it seems saying that 2nd part of sentence was somehow important. And yes, 'clear' word was used in that message, not set ;)

I just thought that may be useful to make others aware they can clear / set to nothing clipboard too. It's certianly intuitive for most of us, but still something to figure out by new users who don't see things in no time if they're not said clearly of.

For example (if I remember old syntax correctly) I used {wait:<1>} longer time, before found by mistake I can use just {wait:1}, and later you told me that is not documented but {wait1} is going to work too.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:01 pm Loll Phil, please ;) Just check pm to me from Nov 29, 2017. You will see there I was let known that it not only copies text to clipboard, but also clears clipboard when only {cb} is used. So it seems saying that 2nd part of sentence was somehow important. And yes, 'clear' word was used in that message, not set ;)

I just thought that may be useful to make others aware they can clear / set to nothing clipboard too. It's certianly intuitive for most of us, but still something to figure out by new users who don't see things in no time if they're not said clearly of.

For example (if I remember old syntax correctly) I used {wait:<1>} longer time, before found by mistake I can use just {wait:1}, and later you told me that is not documented but {wait1} is going to work too.
The great thing about English is that you can say the same thing in many many different ways.
Clear and set to nothing are defectively the same thing, but actually, set to nothing is what it does. That just happens to have the impact of clearing the clipboard because when it is set to nothing, it has nothing in it :)

But what it does is physically set the data to NULL, rather than issue a "clear" command which does not exist. So whatever I said was semantically right, but so is what I am saying now :).

Yes, the tags that have a : in them, the : can be left out (because I figured (probably after some questions/bug reports) that some people would do that) and the notation <> was never mean to be put in.. it was supposed to indicate a number or text of your choice.... I don't know why i thought that was a good idea - probably because its fairly common way of expressing that in my experience, but clearly not others!.

I'm not sure what would happen if you put wanted to put :< into the clipboard with {CB:<} lol???!!! - probably it will go bang or maybe just set the clipboard to nothing (or clear it if you prefer) :)

Quite frankly, if I were to write XMBC now, the simkeys would be completely different. - Maybe something more like XML where tags can be opened closed so you could do <ctrl>c</cltr> ... That has some benefits and some disadvantages I guess... But I'm not rewriting it so its a moot point!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Yes that's physically set data to null (like in Javascript). Clear is just not precised meaning of same action.

Regarding <> I refered it only to {wait:<n>} where n is a numerical value as like I just checked it still works the same way if <> are not used. With other commands I didn't try <>. I understand they shouldn't be used.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD