'Delay between simulated keystrokes' as separate option for individual layers.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

'Delay between simulated keystrokes' as separate option for individual layers.

Post by Kukurykus »

That's my few months old QUESTION VII from other topic:
There is 'Mouse speed' in general settings and 'Mouse speed' for each Application in layers options. That second thing you did after my request and that really helped me :) Recently I experienced problem with 'Delay between simulated keystrokes'. I found some value I use for all applications. But to be honest still for some it's too slow while for others too fast. Woulnd't be it better to add 'Delay between simulated keystrokes' for individual application like you did with 'Mouse speed'?

Now when one of two my mouses got too old to work like used I had to switch to other I bought in the same time. It's other brand one and I found it needs to increase 'Delay between simulated keystrokes' from 7 to 9 (and even 10 as very rearely it fails with 9). I have problem with only one action I do now, so that would be bad to change 7 delay to 9 (10) for each simulated keystrokes set I use. Is there chance you let each 'Layer' (not application profile) got individual 'Delay between simulated keystrokes' option?
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Re: 'Delay between simulated keystrokes' as separate option individual layers.

Post by phil »

This delay should be nothing to do with the mouse device...
Its to do with how windows and your programs responds to injected keys (and maybe inject mouse buttons).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Re: 'Delay between simulated keystrokes' as separate option for individual layers.

Post by Kukurykus »

I agree, it is logical, but as you see it is not like it is supposed to be. For some reason there is difference.

Moreover, there is other action with simulated keystrokes that always performs very well with 7 ms dealy, but when I changed it to 9 it sometimes fails. So either I stay with new mouse with 7 ms and 1st action will fail once a while or I increase it to 9 and it will be good but the other one that doesn't work with increased delay will makes problems. (I am testing now is that - other action - connected to changed 'Delay between simulated keystrokes', but I noticed it started to happen after I changed 7 to 9 (using already new mouse). Now I changed it back to 7 to make sure was that other action affected by that change having to improve performance of that first simulated keystrokes action).

EDIT: I realised that 'layers' is to huge range still, would be better to make this option for certain Simulated Keystrokes panel (so even not for single button).
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Re: 'Delay between simulated keystrokes' as separate option for individual layers.

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:20 pm I agree, it is logical, but as you see it is not like it is supposed to be. For some reason there is difference.
I fail to see what 2ms difference can make - especially as the delay code is NO WAY accurate enough to distinguish between 7 and 9 ms in Windows user level.

I wonder if something ELSE is at play here and the "delay" is simply masking another problem.
Kukurykus wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:20 pm Moreover, there is other action with simulated keystrokes that always performs very well with 7 ms dealy, but when I changed it to 9 it sometimes fails. So either I stay with new mouse with 7 ms and 1st action will fail once a while or I increase it to 9 and it will be good but the other one that doesn't work with increased delay will makes problems. (I am testing now is that - other action - connected to changed 'Delay between simulated keystrokes', but I noticed it started to happen after I changed 7 to 9 (using already new mouse). Now I changed it back to 7 to make sure was that other action affected by that change having to improve performance of that first simulated keystrokes action).
What other action? What is not working with 9ms delay? And why would increasing the delay by 2ms (which is not enough to notice or even time accurately - Most windows delays/sleep are not even accurate to 50ms - I think I got better than that but 1 or 2... Not likely) have any effect.

Its even ppretty pointless asking for debug log here because that will almost certainly slow things down more than 1 or 2ms!
Kukurykus wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:20 pm EDIT: I realised that 'layers' is to huge range still, would be better to make this option for certain Simulated Keystrokes panel (so even not for single button).
Sorry, I have no idea what you mean by that?!

And not sure what I can do!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)