override mouse speed issue

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
kinghat
New User

override mouse speed issue

Post by kinghat »

i think there is an issue with override mouse speed for me. if its disabled my cursor is slow as molasses. if enabled and turned all the way to max the speed is 'normal'. if i quit the program its back to the normal speed i set manually in windows. not really sure whats going on. i was on the stable build but just updated to the most recent beta to see if that fixed it but i get the same.
phil
Site Admin

Re: override mouse speed issue

Post by phil »

This option just changes the value set in Windows.
So, the slider should equal that in the Windows control panel - when you exit XMBC, it is supposed to put it back to what it was when XMBC started.
What have you set the slider to in XMBC and what does Windows control panel say (you have to close and reopen thec ontrol panel app for it to see any change.

Are you talking about the "Global" setting in settings or the per profile setting?

And what version of XMBC are you using (there were issues in earlier versions).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
kinghat
New User

Post by kinghat »

i have only changed the global mouse speed setting. i made a video as well. the video starts and ends with XMBC not running. once its first launched and dragged into frame, the option isnt enabled and it slows the cursor speed down by just running the program. once i enable it to match the OS mouse option set speed then it picks back up again. then slows down once its disabled once more, and goes back to the OS speed once i kill XMBC.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/s8w ... -47-42.mp4
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

In your video, you didn't show me what the global speed is set to (hit the settings button and look on the general tab).

Can you please send me your XMBCSettings.xml file (it will be in the same folder as the XMBC log file). To open the folder (easy way) hold CTRL and left click the XMBC icon in the system tray.

I probably wont get a chance to look in detail before the weekend but I'll let you know if I find anything obvious.
--[ Phil ]--
kinghat
New User

Post by kinghat »

damn. i thought i was using the global mouse speed. i ramped up the speed in the settings tab and all is well now. sorry for wasting your time.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

No problem, glad you figured it out!
--[ Phil ]--