XMBC 2.18 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
wolfgrrl
New User

Re: XMBC 2.18 Beta

Post by wolfgrrl »

@Phil,

I use the portable version at work due to admin rights issues on my PC. Is there a way to get the beta as a portable download?

I came in this morning and XMC is no longer working on my machine, for some reason. The icon in the tray has a red "x" on it and the settings I've made for my thumb buttons are not working. I'd like to try the beta portable to see if it resolves the issues. I sure do MISS not having my thumb buttons! :cry:

Please let me know and thank you!

Win 10
64 bit
Current version: 2.17
wolfgrrl
New User

Post by wolfgrrl »

Seems pending windows updates were affecting XMC - I restarted my machine, installed updates and XMC is working as expected now. Thank goodness!

I'd still like to try the beta as a portable version, though.

Thank you!
haiproxh
New User

Post by haiproxh »

Can you add keyboard recording function ? It will help alot
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

Hi wolfgrrl

For several years, I have installed whole versions of XMBC (stables/betas) as "portable mode".
By using 7-zip File Manager, you can unzip "xmbc-setup.exe" (installer) file as an archive to any directory.

1. ("Confirm File Replace" window may open during extracting, by using D&D context-menu,) choose larger ones (exe/dll) in file-size which are for 64 bit version.
2. You can delete "$PLUGINSDIR" folder and "uninstaller.exe" file.
3. If you need translation files, open "$APPDATA" folder... Move **.xmbclp file into the executable folder.
4. Copy/paste "XMBCSettings.xml" file from old XMBC folder (or the setting folder in your %APPDATA% dir) to new beta version's folder, and move the new folder of beta to an arbitrary directory.

Then you can use beta version as "portable mode". It is not necessary to start-up using "/Portable" command-line option for "portable mode".

suke
Logitech AnywhereMX (7 Btn), M555b (5 Btn) w/ SetPoint v6.32
Microsoft WirelessLaserMouse8000 (5 Btn), WLM5000 (5 Btn) w/ IntelliPoint v6.30
XMBC: now Latest BETA as Portable (since v1.48, 2009)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

haiproxh wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:06 pm Can you add keyboard recording function ? It will help alot
Completely off topic! - In future (as requested), please create a new thread for new (non-beta) issues or questions. It makes life so much easier and tidier.
I will however answer it here... No, I cant do that.... It is XMBC - its for configuring the mouse, not recording the keyboard!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

wolfgrrl wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:10 pm I came in this morning and XMBC is no longer working on my machine, for some reason. The icon in the tray has a red "x" on it and the settings I've made for my thumb buttons are not working. I'd like to try the beta portable to see if it resolves the issues. I sure do MISS not having my thumb buttons! :cry:
The red cross means that you (or something) has disabled XMBC.
Normally this can be toggled on and off by right clicking the icon and checking/unchecking "Disable XMBC"

XMBC can also be disabled if scroll lock is enabled (on) you can turn this off on the general settings tab - or just hit scroll lock to toggle XMBC being disabled or enabled (I suspect this is what happened in this case!).

Regarding a portable beta - it is possible as Suke said above. The actually EXE and DLL files are identical so you can extract them from the beta installation exe. Generally I don't go through the hassle of building the portable package unless the is a specific portable related issue (which actually there is in 2.18 beta 8 so I do have one if you cant manage Suke's procedure above - but its not publicly available so let me know and I'll PM it if need be).
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.18 Beta 9.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.18 Beta 8:
  • #561 - [Properly] Fixed DOUBLE_CLICK action that was broken in beta 4.
  • #554 - Further performance improvements - issue resetting cursor images when a key was pressed!
There are no language changes in 2.18 beta 9

Any problems, PM me a copy of the debug log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
wolfgrrl
New User

Post by wolfgrrl »

Suke,

Thanks for the instructions. I was able to successfully update to the beta. Thank you!
sukemaru wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:02 pm Hi wolfgrrl

For several years, I have installed whole versions of XMBC (stables/betas) as "portable mode".
By using 7-zip File Manager, you can unzip "xmbc-setup.exe" (installer) file as an archive to any directory.

1. ("Confirm File Replace" window may open during extracting, by using D&D context-menu,) choose larger ones (exe/dll) in file-size which are for 64 bit version.
2. You can delete "$PLUGINSDIR" folder and "uninstaller.exe" file.
3. If you need translation files, open "$APPDATA" folder... Move **.xmbclp file into the executable folder.
4. Copy/paste "XMBCSettings.xml" file from old XMBC folder (or the setting folder in your %APPDATA% dir) to new beta version's folder, and move the new folder of beta to an arbitrary directory.

Then you can use beta version as "portable mode". It is not necessary to start-up using "/Portable" command-line option for "portable mode".

suke
fundorin
New User

Post by fundorin »

I want to switch to Layer 2 with right click/left click chord. Then, the cooldown timer which would switch back to Layer 1 should only start after I press any button and not after the layer was switched.
I can't even find and option to switch layer for the left click in chord settings.
What I want is to be able to switch into layer 2, control system volume with mouse wheel and the timer should not start until I finish scrolling the wheel.
Is it possible?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

No, I'm afraid the timer starts right away.. But why switch to layer 2?
Why not just set the mouse wheel to change volume in the chord?

PS. This is not beta related and you should have created a new topic!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

@fundorin
You may try following settings,

On Layer-1 tab,
1. Set Right button to "Button Chording" and open its config panel.

On Chording setup,
2. Choose "Simulated Keys" in the drop-down list of Left button, enter "{LAYER:2}" as custom keys in the SimKeys panel.

On Layer-2 tab,
3. Set Wheel Up/Down to "Media - Volume Up/Down".
4. Enable "Switch to Layer 1" "after 5 sec" (as you will). Or as like as Layer-1 tab, set RMB+LMB Chording and SimKeys "(LAYER:1}".

suke
Since here is special thread for Betas, I will give you no more help...
Last edited by sukemaru on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
vikaskundu
New User

Post by vikaskundu »

Thank you so much for the update, Phil :)

Vikas Kundu
showbox.onl/ mobdro.onl/ dltutuapp.com/
Last edited by vikaskundu on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Phil like I adviced in PM or somewhre on this forums lately you should also add one sentence in automaticly created content of new posts (that can be used / deleted by user) that problems not related to features of Beta vers. shouldn't be posted in its topic. It seems I predicted something like post of that guy may happen (probably because I did the same mistake few weeks ago ;))

Edit: I may know why he made post in this topic. It's because when you make new post (not creating new topic) you do not have all extra information user should include in his message. So he could not know he should not post here, however there may be something wrote in Rules, but I doubt everyone read them.

Those extra infos in regular posts looks bad of course than in new topics so I have no idea how to solve it, probably adding that extra sentence of not posting not related stuff in Beta topic during account creation.

(That are just thoughts about this still uptodate situation. I don't want to spam this topic)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:46 pm Phil like I adviced in PM or somewhre on this forums lately you should also add one sentence in automaticly created content of new posts (that can be used / deleted by user) that problems not related to features of Beta vers. shouldn't be posted in its topic. It seems I predicted something like post of that guy may happen (probably because I did the same mistake few weeks ago ;))

Edit: I may know why he made post in this topic. It's because when you make new post (not creating new topic) you do not have all extra information user should include in his message. So he could not know he should not post here, however there may be something wrote in Rules, but I doubt everyone read them.

Those extra infos in regular posts looks bad of course than in new topics so I have no idea how to solve it, probably adding that extra sentence of not posting not related stuff in Beta topic during account creation.

(That are just thoughts about this still uptodate situation. I don't want to spam this topic)
Have you just broken the rules and posted a non-beta related issue to the beta thread... :lol:

Tut Tut :)

Look, I'm not obsessed about this (honest :?), I know it will happen, and will generally let it be, maybe with a polite (sometimes if you are lucky) notice to say so. I'm not about to go creating any more random text in new posts - it so far has confused some and prompted others - so the new topic text seems to have worked, thats good enough for me... Lets leave it at that for now and, while I reserve the right to complain every now and then, I will try and not make a big deal of it (sometimes I will really really try!).

Regards,
Phil

EDIT: Especially when the good work of others may actually give the correct solution, where I failed to do so - Thanks Suke! Maybe I should just keep quiet for a day or so and wait and see if others have any great ideas :).
--[ Phil ]--
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

fundorin wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:59 am I can't even find and option to switch layer for the left click in chord settings.
Since {LAYER**} tags have been added into the SimKes Help Text (GUI) in 2.18 Beta :) , so that people using them will increase, but it may take time more to be informed.
Still I will say to Thank you Phil again!

suke