XMBC 2.18 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.18 Beta

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:39 pm I tired it months ago and now as well. Unfortunately it's not the cause of problem.
I guess i will have to have a look then, although I don't have Photoshop or any fancy graphics packages (yuck!) so I wont be able to test it very easily.

In the future, can I ask that you create a new thread for things like this. It is NOT a new problem and not related to the current beta in any way!!! This topic is for me to announcing new builds and to report/discuss issues/feedback on the beta's.
It should not be a place to request features or discuss issues that exist in earlier releases (at least until a fix is made and put into the beta, thus it becomes "on-topic" here).

It would also be far easier to track and communicate on this issue if it were in its own topic - that way, it is a) not hidden away in a beta forum that may get forgotten after release (this has happened quite a lot!) and b) not clogging up the beta forum with general issues (in some cases posts that fill several pages!) that are not related to the beta program.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Yes, I forgot. Now I remember when once you wrote in past that to-do things for new beta will be added to list (I mean in first post of current beta theard), by you, but on condition you consider as needed, useful or whatever, when before you find them in other separate theard. So yes, that is my bad. Now I cannot forget again to follow this rule :)

I'll try to reproduce this bug with notepad. I'm not sure how, but maybe use method 8 with {alt}{lmb}{lmb} to make selection of some word, so when doube click isn't made in time it will be after one second? Or 8th method with {alt}{lmb} on file label, what (when delay sometimes happens) should open drop down menu for one second (as alt with click make it opens just for millisecond).
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
schiel
New User

Remembering: Feature request (Alt-Click for dragging)

Post by schiel »

I just want to ask, if the following feature is planned for 2.18 (Phil - we ha a little discussion about that):

Hold down the Alt-Key and press left mouse button anywhere in a window (not only the title bar as usual) to drag the window.

Would be great.
Michael
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Its on my todo list (issue #500 for what its worth) and I previously said I would try and get it into the next version, so I guess so.
I'll add it to the list atop this thread (less chance of forgetting it there!).
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi Suke,
sukemaru wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:15 pm 2.
It is not about the function of v2.18 Beta (and 2.17 stabled version), "User Guide PDF"s description is not updated about Sim Key tags {Layer:last}/{Layer:back}.
:arrow: ref. my past post in 'XMBC 2.17 Beta' thread
Just to clear things up, I have modified the user manual to say this (which I believe is correct)
Simulated keystroke tags
Tags such as '{Layer:<x>}' can be used to switch to the specified layer in a simulated keystroke script.
You can also use '{Layer:next}' to move to the next layer, '{Layer:back}' to move to the preceding layer & '{Layer:last}' to switch to the previously active layer. For example, If you go from layer 1 to layer 4 then {Layer:last} will take you back to layer 1 where as {Layer:back} will take you to layer 3.
Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

It turns out my certificate doesn't expire till the 7th of march, so have 2.18 Beta 4 as a surprise weekend present!
Actually its looking like I will have a new cert before the old one expires (that's bad money management - and gives me no excuses lol!)

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.18 Beta 3:
  • #500 - Added "Drag to Move Window" and "Drag to Size Window" options.
  • #557 - Updated the user manual in regard to {layer:back} and {layer:last} (only included in the full install)
  • xxxx - Modified some debug messages and simulated input code to help debug a reported issue.
There is a new language template for 2.18 beta 4 with two new items in it.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the debug log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

That probably important for you or others who are going to use new features. I just tried "Drag to Size Window" and not sure it acts the way it should. When press and hold window 'label/bar' and then move mouse I can only size window from right to left (still with chance to size it back too). Moving works OK.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Currently it is programmed to size from bottom right corner (always) no matter where you click. I'm not really sure what people wanted and that made sense to me because the window size is expressed in width and height so lowering/increasing them gives that effect. To size it other ways would involve moving it too!

I will await feedback from those who requested the feature to see if its what they wanted!
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Both at home and now in work I had completely download full XMBC app to install with new beta update as it was saying me it's uptodate trying to manually start updating process. Let us see what others will say :)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:00 am Both at home and now in work I had completely download full XMBC app to install with new beta update as it was saying me it's uptodate trying to manually start updating process. Let us see what others will say :)
What do you mean "saying me it's uptodate trying to manually start updating process"? What was saying that?
There is no manual update process?!

Do you mean the update downloaded but didnt start? Or it said you were already on latest version? (in that case, DNS probably hasn't updated your local/server cache yet)...

EDIT: It would help if I updated the version record on the server - it was still at beta 3 - so checking would say you were up to date!
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

RMB click on XMBC tray icon, then clicking 'Check for Update...'. When I miss at forums new update then I'm notified of, but when I'm aware I click that option, but this time it alerted I have latest beta version.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

phil wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:10 pm Just to clear things up, I have modified the user manual to say this (which I believe is correct)
Simulated keystroke tags
Tags such as '{Layer:<x>}' can be used to switch to the specified layer in a simulated keystroke script.
You can also use '{Layer:next}' to move to the next layer, '{Layer:back}' to move to the preceding layer & '{Layer:last}' to switch to the previously active layer. For example, If you go from layer 1 to layer 4 then {Layer:last} will take you back to layer 1 where as {Layer:back} will take you to layer 3.
I confirmed the "User Guide PDF" has been updated in Beta 4. Thank you for updating and information.
Those descriptions are very concise and clear explanations, so maybe you should add {LAYER**} tags in SimKey Help Text in the dialogue(GUI) :?:

Two newly added functions have been also displayed in the WheelUp/Down drop-down list, but I think that it is inappropriate because they require dragging operation.

Thanks,
suke
Logitech AnywhereMX (7 Btn), M555b (5 Btn) w/ SetPoint v6.32
Microsoft WirelessLaserMouse8000 (5 Btn), WLM5000 (5 Btn) w/ IntelliPoint v6.30
XMBC: now Latest BETA as Portable (since v1.48, 2009)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi Suke,

1. Yes maybe its time to add to the help dialog text - I was holding off till I reworked that text but maybe I shouldn't do that in fear of it not getting done!

2. good point, but actually its not easy to exclude from that list - and many operations don't apply to the wheel (unless you use the options to attempt to simulate a click). I really don't think its worth the effort to try and confine the options to those that work well with the wheel/tilt.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Kukurykus wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:04 am RMB click on XMBC tray icon, then clicking 'Check for Update...'. When I miss at forums new update then I'm notified of, but when I'm aware I click that option, but this time it alerted I have latest beta version.
Yeh that will be because I forgot to update the version on the server (and it can take 24-48hr to get refreshed in DNS caches as it uses a DNS text record to keep resources (network) lightweight and not http connections (to my poor server) to check versions). I fixed it this morning so it should be all good now. I didnt notice here because my laptop had 2.18 beta 2 so it offered the update (to beta 3 and got beta 4!)
--[ Phil ]--
sukemaru
Committed

Post by sukemaru »

Thank you for replying.
phil wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:43 am 1. Yes maybe its time to add to the help dialog text - I was holding off till I reworked that text but maybe I shouldn't do that in fear of it not getting done!

2. good point, but actually its not easy to exclude from that list - and many operations don't apply to the wheel (unless you use the options to attempt to simulate a click). I really don't think its worth the effort to try and confine the options to those that work well with the wheel/tilt.
1. That's good news.
Now the layer switching items are not in the sub-list of Button Held or Chording configuration panels, so it* will be a pleasure for many users who can not read PDF because of poor English, that* switching methods other than the modifier keys will be presented in an easy to understand manner.

2. Okay.
(Since Button Held and Chording have been excluded from the list of Wheel Up/Down, - I thought that it would be possible too...) :(

:!: This is another matter, I will report an issue.
In Beta 4, it seems that the functions of "Double Click" and "Double Click Drag" are exchanged (both items are in the drop-down list, even sub-list in Button Held panel), "Double Click" works as like as "Double Click Drag" (held-down sticky).
Until Beta 3 (or 2?), "Double Click" item worked correctly.

Thanks,
suke
Logitech AnywhereMX (7 Btn), M555b (5 Btn) w/ SetPoint v6.32
Microsoft WirelessLaserMouse8000 (5 Btn), WLM5000 (5 Btn) w/ IntelliPoint v6.30
XMBC: now Latest BETA as Portable (since v1.48, 2009)