Curious if this would work for +5, the holy grail

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
trimixer
New User

Curious if this would work for +5, the holy grail

Post by trimixer »

First, thanks for the effort, it's a great piece of code.
Trying desperately to get off g soft, have used this in combo with the Logitech, as will as writing macros for the extra buttons, with mixed results, and it occurs to me that it might work to mash it all up by putting x number of user defined inputs below the current mapping choices.
We could then pick our own non-conflicting key combos, install them in the extra buttons in the onboard memory, and tell Logitech to stuff their diesel powered code up their g hole.
It's not as elegant, perhaps, as hooking calls but it does put key conflict resolution on us rather than you, and it's not THAT hard to find unique keys.
C'mon Phil, I've been lurking your program for years, it's perfect. But I spent over $100 on a g700s and I hit those extra buttons like a rat on the feeder bar.
help a brother out.

phil
Site Admin

Re: Curious if this would work for +5, the holy grail

Post by phil »

Unfortunate, as described in the FAQ, XMBC is unable to pickup anything on buttons 5+ because XMBC uses Windows mouse hooks and quite simply, buttons 5+ don't send any Windows mouse messages so XMBC does not see them.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)