Defeat zoom on scroll?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Neil E
New User

Defeat zoom on scroll?

Post by Neil E »

Xmouse looks good, but I am unable to defeat zoom on scroll. :evil:

WIN2000, basic mouse with scroll wheel.

The program in question is called ACTRIX, an Autodesk product from many years ago. It has zoom on scroll by default but I never knew this. I ran it on WIN98 with Logitech 8.2 software and it just happened to defeat the zoom on scroll. This was great for me since I create long wiring diagrams and I need to scroll them. I am trying to set up this program on a WIN2000 machine and had hoped XMouse could help.

I have had no luck with the mouse wheel set for scroll up/down in XMouse "default" or "Actrix.exe"
I installed TweakUI later to see if it had some additional functionality, but it was no help.

Any ideas?
phil
Site Admin

Re: Defeat zoom on scroll?

Post by phil »

Sorry, Im not really sure I understand what you are asking....

Do you want to scroll the window using the mouse wheel? Most windows do this without any changes but some older software does not. In that case, it will be very much up to the software. Does the window scroll when you press the PageUP/PageDn or up/down keys? If so you could map these keys to the wheel up/down buttons for this app.

Currently there is no ability in XMBC to scroll windows that do not already support the scroll wheel like there is in SetPoint and Intellimouse (and generally these days its not needed anyway). I don't really know how these applications work out if they scrollwheel is supported or not before doing it differently :( (EDIT: Maybe they don't work it out and always do it differently - I will investigate when I have some time)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Neil E
New User

Post by Neil E »

By default, the scroll wheel zooms the page. I need the scroll wheel to scroll the page (not zoom). The page up/down and arrow up/down buttons don't normally have any action. If an item in the drawing is selected, then the arrow up/down buttons will move that item.

The only way to move the screen up and down is to drag the vertical scroll bar. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, I will have to investigate how the universal scroll works in other programs and try and do the same thing. I'm guessing that it sends windows messages like WM_VSCROLL and WM_HSCROLL to the window. This should be easy enough but it might take some time to integrate it into XMBC.

Don't expect it in 1.48 (which Im trying to release today).
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Neil E
New User

Post by Neil E »

Understood. Thank you.