All mouse input gone after launching program

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Marious
New User

All mouse input gone after launching program

Post by Marious »

First I like to thank you Phil since I have been racking my brain to get the Kensington Mouse working on Win 7 took me a while to get it to go until I ran into a post about your XMouse which works great.

Now my issue, I have a multicasting software called Octopus to cast to various windows that are open at the same time. I use the program to multibox World of Warcraft. When I start Octopus it will not accept any mouse inputs at all other than moving the mouse pointer around. Now I have not tried to add the software to the list of software on the XMouse setup menu I will try that and see if that will change my inability to use it when Octopus launches.

Again thanks for the great work you have done on XMouse, I have not tried the other software on here but if its as good as XMouse I am sure I would not be disappointed.
phil
Site Admin

Re: All mouse input gone after launching program

Post by phil »

Hi,

I'm not familiar with this multicast software, I'm not even 100% sure what you mean by multicast in this sense and what mouse inputs it might be missing (I presume the button presses). Maybe this software hooks the mouse in a similar way to XMBC and for some reason my mouse hook is stopping the octopus software from getting the messages. I guess I will have to do some research into this, I don't expect the app specific configuration will help in this case but let me know if I'm wrong.

As for the "other software here" there is not much and its quite specific stuff.
XMBC is really the only general purpose utility where as the other stuff is generally stuff that I have written to do a specific job for me (that a minority may also find useful - then again XMBC started out that way! :))

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Marious
New User

Post by Marious »

Sweet solved my problem there Phil! Thanks a lot, once you said mouse hook, it hooked(clicked) into place if you know what I mean the multicast software did in fact have a mouse hook and once that was unchecked its all gravy.

Thanks again for the work you done on this!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

That's good (because I completely forgot to take a look at octopus!)

Thanks for the update.
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)