Wishlist

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
ender
New User

Wishlist

Post by ender »

First, let me thank you for the program, it's quite nice.

Now, for a few wishes: I've been using PowerPro for configuring my mouse in the past, but unfortunately it doesn't work properly on Vista. There's a few (mouse-related) things I'm still missing from PowerPro, and if they could be added to XMouse, I'd be very grateful:
  • scroll window under cursor (without bringing it to the front).
  • program switching by pressing a button and scrolling the wheel. I implemented a script for this in PowerPro myself, basically it activates when button 4 is pressed, and if then wheel is scrolled, it sends an Alt key down event followed by Tab, and on further scrolls, it keeps sending Tab (or Shift+Tab if wheel is scrolled down) until button 4 is released, when it sends Alt key up event.
    If button 4 is just pressed and released (with no wheel events), it sends Alt+Esc instead (to send currently active window to background)
Both of these things were actually features in drivers for my first wheel mouse (Genius EasyScroll, which IIRC was the first wheel mouse on market), and they were available in Genius' drivers till a few years ago (when they completely botched the driver UI). Any chance of adding these to XMouse?

Also, another small wish: make double-click activate when releasing the button, not when pressing it.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Wishlist

Post by phil »

Well the first one, (scroll window under cursor) has been added already but its not released yet.
The second option will be more tricky... I will have a look and see whats possible but no promises.

The other thing (double click) yes its possible but I think I would need it "optional" which makes it a little complicated. I suppose I can add a different "double click" action maybe. I will have a think about that too.

I'm busy this weekend though so there will be nothing immediate.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
ender
New User

Post by ender »

Sounds great. If you need a beta tester, just ask :)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Your welcome to test it if you want. The more the merrier :)
I can email you a copy of the setup to your email address as registered here if you want me to.

Amongst other things, Its got a new NSIS based setup that contains both x86 and x64 versions (single exe) and is hardly any bigger than one of the previous packages.
--[ Phil ]--
ender
New User

Post by ender »

Go ahead, there's enough space in my mailbox.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

ender wrote:
  • program switching by pressing a button and scrolling the wheel. I implemented a script for this in PowerPro myself, basically it activates when button 4 is pressed, and if then wheel is scrolled, it sends an Alt key down event followed by Tab, and on further scrolls, it keeps sending Tab (or Shift+Tab if wheel is scrolled down) until button 4 is released, when it sends Alt key up event.
    If button 4 is just pressed and released (with no wheel events), it sends Alt+Esc instead (to send currently active window to background)
Actually you can already for sort of do this... If you set a button to Simulated Keystrokes, and use {ALT}{TAB} "Pres on down, Relase on up" then this will open the ALT TAB switcher, and then the wheel can be used (while you hold the button down - as the wheel controls this window anyway). Of course the cavet is that this does not work so well with the first thing (scroll window under cursor) because you have to have the mouse over the alt-tab window!

As an alternative, the "ALT-TAB *Vista Only*" option will open the tab window on first press and switch between them on second press(es).
--[ Phil ]--
ender
New User

Post by ender »

Unfortunately, I can't get Alt-Tab *Vista only* to do anything - neither on Vista nor on Windows 7.

The other suggestion doesn't really work either - on button press, the Alt+Tab dialog opens with the second icon hilighted, but wheel is completely ignored, regardless of where my mouse pointer is, and regardless of the "Scroll window under cursor" setting.

Are these features limited to Aero interface? I'm using the classic theme, because that's the only one that lets me customize the colours the way I want them.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

It is possible its Aero only - I've never tried without Aero and never had a problem - so you could be on to something there!
--[ Phil ]--