TY Phil - I love this program! + some caveats

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Mark7777G
New User

TY Phil - I love this program! + some caveats

Post by Mark7777G »

I love this little Application! I have an expert mouse by kensington (Trackball with 4 buttons) and have switched to vista only to find out that their button mapping software (mouseworks) does not function in vista. So I am like a swimmer without legs in the ocean of vista 8(. Now with your software I can use the other buttons a little more but still not as much as with their software.

XMBC recognizes my 1st and 2nd mouse buttons correctly, my 3rd button is recognized as middle which is fine, and my 4th button shows as Left X button which is fine too (its just that they are actually above the 1st and 2nd buttons respectively so geographically the 3rd is not my middle button but I dont care as long as it works!)

Here's where the functionality differs from XMBC and what I could do with mouse works - I know that you may not be considering these functions but doesn't hurt to ask. I could indepentantly map any click or keyboard combination to any of the mouse buttons. Furthermore the mappings could be mapped to any combination of mouse button+mouse button combos (ie: button1+2) and or mouse button modifier key combos (ie: CTRL/ALT/SHIFT or multi combos CTRL+ALT etc).

So to summarize I love your program and it gets me farther than I have been able to get so far. I would love it even more if I could me able to map to my little hearts content, hehe. Whether that will be an option - we will see. Than you for taking the time to make this program and to listen to my requests as well.
phil
Site Admin

Re: TY Phil - I love this program! + some caveats

Post by phil »

Hi,

Thanks for the message of appreciation :)

I know on some mice, the mutton positions and numbers are different than expected. I am using the internal windows numbers and its up to the mouse hardware (and driver) how these map to the hardware buttons. All mice are different but I figure its fairly obvious which button controls which option because they should be highlighed when the button is pressed.

I'm not sure what you are asking for. It sounds like the function you can already do with simulated keystrokes. For example, to do CTRL + ALT + DEL, you should just have to select simulated keystrokes and enter
{CTRL}{ALT}{DEL} in the input box.

Likewise, you can do {LMB}{RMB} for left and right button. I'm not sure if this will work as a left click followed by a right click, or "left down, right down, right up, left up" sequence (in effect both buttons).

Using simulated keystrokes you should be able to map to you hearts content. There is a help window listing all the extended commands you can use along side normal keys. If you find a simulation sequence that does not work, let me know and I will try and have a look and see why. I do feel that I may need to improve the simulated keystroke script to better control the sequence better.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Mark7777G
New User

Post by Mark7777G »

Phil,
Thank you for the info. I checked it out and I am not finding a help option in the version that I have. Nor do I find a section for simulated keys. That sounds like it is exactly what I need. Maybe I'm being a knucklehead and can't see the forest for the trees lols but I can't seem to find them. Can you point me in the right direction to get out of the woods? lols.

The version I am using is XMBC version 1.44.0 - for 64-bit on Vista.
XMBC.JPG
Thanks for your help and again for making a nice program!

--Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Simulated keystrokes is in the drop down list of assignments for each button.
When you select it, it opens a dialog with a text field (for specifying the simulations to perform) and a help window describing the tags recognised on top of any standard key you can type into the input field.
xmbc.png
Thats where you can specify things like {CTRL}{ALT}{DEL}
or {CTRL}{F1} or {CTRL}c (for example).

Thanks,
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Mark7777G
New User

Post by Mark7777G »

LOL OMG I'm totally blind there it is! Thanks phil - that's exactly what I needed! :oops: (and thanks fer not rib-ing me too bad for not see-ing it) DOH!

-Mark