Screen flashing black with sticky keys on repeat.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
balegrim
New User

Screen flashing black with sticky keys on repeat.

Post by balegrim »

Basically, in every game I attempt this (doesn't matter which one), having the left mouse button set to auto click at intervals even as high as 2000 milliseconds causes my entire monitor to to go black until I deactivate the macro by pressing the button again.

Anyone know of this issue? How to possibly go about fixing it? I'll follow any relevant trouble shooting steps, as I'm not a PC Guru, but I'm not a novice either.
balegrim
New User

Re: Screen flashing black with sticky keys on repeat.

Post by balegrim »

UPDATE FOR CLARIFICATION:
The game I'm playing doesn't matter. Using this macro on even the desktop causes my screen to black out until I move the mouse around a lot or turn the macro off.

I am using mouse button 4 to toggle automated spamming of the left mouse button at 350 millisecond intervals via the sticky key selection as a simulated key. I'll post my debug logs as soon as I figure out how.

I'd attach the text log of the debugger if I had a way. :/
balegrim
New User

Post by balegrim »

UPDATE 2:

This issue is specific to the right and left clicks of the mouse being used in a macro. The key doesn't even have to be simulated. I had this exact same issue in a different macro program I tested. I'd love to know what's causing it. Data on the problem is scarce.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi,

This is an odd one - it makes no sense why XMBC can cause the screen to go black (I've never seen that myself).

For debug logging (once you have enabled it) you can email or PM me a copy of the log - the forum does not allow attachments until you have 3-5 posts (to counter spam bots). However, I very much doubt that the debug log will shed much light on this one :(.

If it has happened with other macro programs (and no one else has seen this), it sounds like there may be something else at play on your machine - especially if it does it at the desktop too, not even in game!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)