[Request] Invert/interchange mouse axis

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Jezze
New User

[Request] Invert/interchange mouse axis

Post by Jezze »

First off I want to say, that I love XMouse Button Control! This little tool helps me to play may games with M+K which normally don't support this control schema.

Recently I thought it would be quite handy to be able to invert (up to down, left to right) and interchange (X to Y) the mouse axis. Because some games don't translate the mouse movement correctly when they are use on a rotated monitor. Unfortunlity XMouse - I know it's called button control - doesn't support this.

Anyway I would like to ask if such a feature could be implemented. Thanks in advance! :)
phil
Site Admin

Re: [Request] Invert/interchange mouse axis

Post by phil »

HI, in theory it might be possible but in order for XMBC to do this it would need to block the original mouse message and inject a new message in the inverse direction. There are several problems with this.

1. Lag - XMBC runs in user land not kernel land so any small delay in XMBC getting its time slice from windows will cause the mouse to lag (not good for games)
2. Many games do not allow (or ignore) injected messages, so they wont work
3. Anything that use RawInput will likely see the original mouse message (XMBC cant block RawInput) and the injected message (which would contradict the original message!

This really should be done at driver level, before the messages get to windows full stop.
I hope that makes it clear why XMBC is probably not the right place to do this?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Jezze
New User

Re: [Request] Invert/interchange mouse axis

Post by Jezze »

Too bad, but thanks for your explanation!