Change wheel scroll amount via button?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
badbob001
New User

Change wheel scroll amount via button?

Post by badbob001 »

I currently have buttons to switch my wheel scroll amount from normal (MWUP/DN) to by page (PGUP/DN). But I want the pageup/down amount to be less than a full page. Is there a way to actively change the mouse wheel scroll amount? Too bad here aren't scrolling settings PER layer. Or should I replace PGUP/DN with multiples of MWUP/DN? Worried that it would jerky. It would be even better if there is a way to specify a percentage of the page to scroll (eg: 80% of page) instead of hard coding a specific number of lines.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Change wheel scroll amount via button?

Post by phil »

Doing a percentage would be near impossible, because it would have to calculate how big the page is and how big the content (text), then convert that into number of lines, then tell windows how many lines to scroll, then change it back (and sometimes (for some applications) that setting does not take effect until the application is restarted so it just wont work anyway).

Frankly, because the number of lines to scroll is only applied in some apps then they open (or open new windows) because they dont listen to the broadcasts message saying the setting has changed, I'm not sure it will do much good changing XMBC from how it behaves right now. I think sending multiple {MWUP}/{SCROLLUP} simkeys is probably the best bet, jerky or not!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)