Conflict with Strokesplus?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
weebee
New User

Conflict with Strokesplus?

Post by weebee »

Does anyone use strokesplus along with XMouse Button Control? Do you experience conflicts? I noticed that for gestures involving mouse button 4 and 5, my computer often freezes while I have both XMBC and strokesplus enabled. Anyone else experience this? Any tips or tricks to prevent this issue from occurring? I really want to know because both apps are very good at what they do and I would like to keep using both of them; but as it stands, it's hard to keep both of them running at the same time.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Conflict with Strokesplus?

Post by phil »

I'm not familiar with stroke plus - is it free? If so I can try and reproduce your problem.
I will wait a bit to see if anyone else has any more information that may be of use. But if you could describe the problem in a little more detail in the meantime, it might give me something to go on. In what way does it conflict? What is the effect in XMBC? When say your computer freezes, do you mean just the mouse cursor or everything? Does the keyboard continue to work or is that locked out too?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
weebee
New User

Post by weebee »

Yes, strokesplus is free. Strokesplus allows you to use mouse gestures for different actions similar to what XMBC does. It also allows you to use the different mouse buttons for the different gestures. After using XMBC and strokesplus together for some time, I noticed that if I used mouse button 4 or 5 for the strokesplus gestures, from time to time, at the moment the gesture was fired, my pc would stop responding to mouse clicks. I could move the mouse cursor around but I wouldn't be able to click anything. But if I disabled XMBC, for instance, the clicks would start registering again. The keyboard typically continues to work in the sense of being able to move the focus around or use shortcut keys. Please let me know if you need any additional information.
onij
New User

Post by onij »

Strokes Plus is another program designed to increase our productivity. Instead of using button presses, it primarily focuses on Mouse Gestures. Unfortunately, I had to disable it because it conflicted with too many of my other apps, including games & XMBC. It would be Amazing if you could successfully combine both Strokes Plus & XMBC.