Sticky Overwrite Layers

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
OdinChuvak
New User

Sticky Overwrite Layers

Post by OdinChuvak »

If any of you guys used Belkin's nostromo game pad you know what im talking about.

There are 3 or 5 overwrite layers you can set on that little keyboard.
They can be toggled or temporarily activated while you hold down one of the buttons the turned back to default once you let go.

This is kind of implemented in the scroll lock feature.
If you could use scrl lock caps lock and num lock as modifiers lets say. or better yet if you could asign keys to be the modifiers like ZXC or something.

Ok maybe thats to complicated but i hope at least some part of this can be implemented. Its a powerful feature.

So as an idea. Keep default mouse functions on the first set. qwert for whatever other hotkeys you want on the second set. copy cut paste enter esc on the third. I dont... know lots of other ways you could do it as well.

I work 3ds Max for most of my stuff and the amount of hotkeys you need for it is rediculous. This would help take the strain of the keyboard. Im sure a lot of gamers would get a kick out of it as well.