Make a profile default

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Adrianrff
Dedicated

Make a profile default

Post by Adrianrff »

Is there an easy way to have a profile (say a profile I've just imported) set as default? I've been looking around but can't seem to find an easy way to do this. The default profile cannot be deleted and you can't create a new profile without specifying a window.

Also, I just came to an updated XMBC (2.16.1) with all my profiles gone.

Thanks.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Make a profile default

Post by phil »

The default profile is different from application profiles, so no they can not be switched.
Adrianrff wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:50 pm Also, I just came to an updated XMBC (2.16.1) with all my profiles gone.
Not quite sure what you mean by this - 2.16.1 has been out for months without change - so have you only just updated or has somethign else happened?
During the update/installation all settings are backed up (in the XMBC settings folder there should be old backups which you can rename XMBCSettings.xml and restore!).

In 2.16 you can import/export your whole profile, so maybe you could use that feature to have different defaults (by importing a completely different profile).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Adrianrff
Dedicated

Post by Adrianrff »

Yeah, I think I updated it recently. I didn't lose anything, I had my profiles backed up as you suggested, but I just found it strange that the update wiped it all out.

Regarding the default and application profile, I completely forgot that that's what I usually do, I already had a profile backed up, but the name I used was misleading and missed it.

Thanks, Phil.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yes it is strange that the upgrade wiped it out. I dont suppose the log mentioned anything? If it happens again, please can you send me the XMBCSettings.xml file before you recover the backup, in case there is some corruption in there that I can look at and try to figure out how it happened.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)